Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] MyCalendar (Calander Script)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
hi everybody !
i'm happy to announce my new python script. it is called mycalendar.
it will show you a month calendar, you can go next or past month with right and left triggers (it goes really fast !Wink...
when you'll find the day you want, select it and a menu will appear. there you'll have the choice to add events, view/modify events, view month events, week events or day events. one button pression and you'll know what events are outdated...

soon, i will add some autoreminder functions. what about a popup window telling you for father's birthday !! and why not a love song for you wedding anniversary ? will you be happy to run any special script automatically when time has gone... a download to do in a portion of your precious day.. ftp open just a few time ? all you'll have to do is to set an event to program your dl ...
these are features i hope to bring out soon. so just help me, try mycalendar now and tell me a bit about bugs, how to make it better aso...

what you'll find in the archive is 2 skins (very close each other ! in fact only 1 element change in the screen, but it is made to show you a bit how to do you own skin !!Wink you know a bit of englis ? (of course you are trying to read this post Wink )but your favorite language is not english ? take a few time for translating it (using a simple xml file) and send it here for every people can use it !

com'on, get my script and tell me more !!
mycalendar (15/02/05) fully skinnable and multilingual
hi ! just some words to invite you checking this post of mine...
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=10657
i released a new python script : mycalendar ! hope you'll like it !
see ya
looks damn cool. Smile
i think you only can top it with a moudule for <put your pim app> (fo me it would be oulook) that will send an alarm for pcoming events to the xbox. :nuts:
this is sweet... can you integrate it with outlook (on local pc, of course) or even the yahoo cal (since it is free and we can sync it with outlook).
solexalex,
i added your script to scriptrunner, but i'm still having trouble with it loading a background.. any ideas?

thanks..
i would be great to be able to sync it with yahoo calendar or something equivalent! i will check out your script in the upcoming day or two...
hi all !
thanks for feedbacks !
i would like to ask you to write me in a simple and correct english as it is not my natural language... sometimes i may not understand at all what you say , but worse, sometimes i can totally misunderstood what you say... so please Wink

so, it looks like most wanted feature is synchronisation. one already asked me for that on french forums, and i had a first look to ics files which seems (i don't know this) to be calendar files for sunbird or some other softwares. it exists some php interface that you can put on your webserver to manage events wherever you connect to internet. i (like many many others) use outlook (but not the calendar) but it can be easier for me to check how to create this !

as for yahoo, maybe can you explain me how it works... but if it is outlook compliant, then i think i have to search before for outlook compatibility
support for sunbirds callender files would be superb, sunbird has the ability to publish its ics files automaticly to a webserver where they can be retrieved with any http capable client.

read more here :

mozilla sunbird/calendar

and in more depth here

in depth
ok
i had a look to ics files coming from outlook. as i said before, i don't use calendar at all (lol ! strange for someone creating such a script , no ?) so i launched my outlook (i usualy use outlook express) and setted some events. then i saved an event as .ics file.
then i think it should be ok to parse it using python. the problem is that you have to do the same (save the event) each time you want to export an event. this could be anyway an interesting feature to export this or this event to mycalendar.
a more interesting feature i think, is to 'synchronise' both of them. so when you set an event in mycalendar, it could be interesting to have a button to export event to outlook and to get outlook events coming to mycalendar
mycalendar <====> outlook
to do this, i think i will have to read/write pst files. is it possible ?
thanks a lot freddo
so sad it is english Wink
but it helps !
Quote:solexalex,
i added your script to scriptrunner, but i'm still having trouble with it loading a background.. any ideas?
thanks..
no idea at all !
i tried to download it trough your scriptrunner, but it installed it inside my already existing mycalendar directory.
my background is here...

please try to explain me a bit more what is your problem.
solexalex,
i can't manage to make it load the background graphic in any way.. i tried changing the script a little, and still no luck..

threezee
solexalex,

great idea! unfortunately for me when i set mylanguage to english it remains in francais. and when i click on a day to get the popup menu i'm unable to see what option is selected.

any ideas?

thanks!
whaou... strange problems...
please tell me in which directory did you install mycalendar ?

trouble for threezee as well with background... i'm going to test my script in a new directory...
____
edit:
i tried to install mycalendar with the source i gave you for download... i installed it in a brand new directory q:\scripts\tests\mycalendar\
it works well ! i can change language, i have a background... ...
please give me your timezone (gmt+1 for me... never tested with other timezone...) and you xbmc version.

if you really get something wrong, try to find my msn contact.
nb: to get changes works (language and skin) you'll have to restart the script.
(solexalex @ feb. 17 2005,17:00 Wrote:whaou... strange problems...
please tell me in which directory did you install mycalendar ?

trouble for threezee as well with background... i'm going to test my script in a new directory...
____
edit:
i tried to install mycalendar with the source i gave you for download... i installed it in a brand new directory q:\scripts\tests\mycalendar\
it works well ! i can change language, i have a background... ...
please give me your timezone (gmt+1 for me... never tested with other timezone...) and you xbmc version.

if you really get something wrong, try to find my msn contact.
nb: to get changes works (language and skin) you'll have to restart the script.
installed in q:\scripts\mycalendar\
Pages: 1 2 3 4