Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] ustvnow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
NEW THREAD: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233135

here is a plugin for ustvnow.com. it plays live tv streams and recordings from ustvnow.com

changelog:
Version 0.3.0
- change method of finding streams
- only show available streams (My9 reported by site as available free, but not actually available)

Version 0.2.0
- add ability to view recordings you have previously made on ustvnow.com
- fix bug with quality settings

Version 0.1.1
- Fix breakage due to site changes by implementing logins
- add setting to choose rtmp or rtsp streams

Version 0.1.0
- Initial version

from now on you must be registered (free) on ustvnow.com to view streams as they are now enforcing authentication. make sure you add your login details in the addon settings.

you can also choose your quality preference in the addon settings.

you cannot currently set up recordings from this addon, but you can use it to play recordings you have made via the website.

it's available in my repo which is also available using the Un-oficial Repository Installer

xbox users can install from xbmc4xbox-addons repo via the SVN repo installer
I successfully installed this script on one computer a couple of hours ago. Now I am trying to install it on another computer but I don't see it in your repository. Was it taken out?
wow works great on ATV thanks
Pete7 Wrote:I successfully installed this script on one computer a couple of hours ago. Now I am trying to install it on another computer but I don't see it in your repository. Was it taken out?

nope, it's still there. try doing a force refresh or check updates to make sure you have the latest version of the repo.
Works great ! How did you get by the geo blocking ?

Buffering sucks but channel selection is good.
spidertnt Wrote:Works great ! How did you get by the geo blocking ?

like i said in the first post, there is no geo blocking or authentication of any kind on any of the streams. i assume if they will lock it down at some point.
t0mm0 Wrote:nope, it's still there. try doing a force refresh or check updates to make sure you have the latest version of the repo.

Thanks!
Thanks for another great add-on t0mm0!!!

On the issue of geoblocking, I don't think that will fit their business model, as they seem to be marketing their service to Americans living overseas as a means of watching US tv. If anything, I could see them requiring authentication in the future.
working just great from Mexico!!! a good EGP would be perfect. Keep the good work
doesn't work on my ATV2, channel list is displayed but when clicked on any channel, it just shows working....Sad
justash Wrote:doesn't work on my ATV2, channel list is displayed but when clicked on any channel, it just shows working....Sad

can't help without a debug log.....

actually, had a quick look and it looks like they have changed the site a bit. i'll take a proper look when i get home.

thanks,

t0mm0
Installed with the repository... it shows the file listing, tried two SyFy and PBS and both left me in the waiting loop for 5 min, with task manager the only way out.. give us a better way to exit on a time out.
PatK Wrote:Installed with the repository... it shows the file listing, tried two SyFy and PBS and both left me in the waiting loop for 5 min, with task manager the only way out.. give us a better way to exit on a time out.

As per the post above the site has changed and so the plugin is currently broken. Give me a couple of hours to get home from work and I'll get it fixed.

As for getting stuck, you'll need to speak to xbmc devs about that as there's nothing a plugin can do.
Thanks t0mm0, for your continuous support..! please let us know once the plugin is fixed.
If one of the things they've changed is the enforcement of logins, will that support be added in?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36