Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: yaVDR Firewire Source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, your forum has inspired me to work on my media center setup recently. I have been trying to find the easiest backend/tv server to set up and today I landed on yaVDR. It was very easy to get installed, connected to my network, and working with XBMC. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to configure it to use a Firewire video connection from my cable box. Can someone point me in the right direction? BTW, my German isn't so good. Wink
I use the vdr-iptv plugin with ffmpeg. It isn't elegant but does send the channels from the firewire port into vdr.. PM me if you want the scripts..
rdoac Wrote:I use the vdr-iptv plugin with ffmpeg. It isn't elegant but does send the channels from the firewire port into vdr.. PM me if you want the scripts..

I'm a new member and can't PM. Is there anyway I could have those scripts? I'm attempting to use yaDVR with XBMC via my STB's firewire port. Thanks!
To be honest with you, I have given up on firewire input with VDR, it was too flaky and started to use MythTV for HD input within the US, it supported my Comcast boxes via firewire out of the box, and also my HDPVR. I use VDR only for analog input with a PVR card now..
you use hdpvr with vdr?
I used to, then again I swapped it to the MythTV setup, but subsequently cancelled cable, so don't use it much. I mainly use OTA and Clear Qam now, the HDPVR is connected to a Bluray player for Netflix over the network.

With VDR it's used with the vdr-pvrinput plugin..