Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Completely Remove XBMC from Ubuntu 11.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have XBMC 11 Pre running on Ubuntu 11.04. I have added some unstable ppa's to use some of the new features. For some reason my IMDB, The MovieDB and TvDB scrapers are not working anymore. Probably because of the unstable ppa's.

Now I would like to have a complete fresh install of XBMC 10 without the added unstable ppa data. However, I can't remove XBMC completely. When I manually remove the XBMC folders (in LIB and LIB64) after removing XBMC with Synaptic package manager and try to do a fresh install, I keep getting the same 11Pre version which I thought I deleted.

I also removed the ppa's from the update list.

What am I doing wrong? :confused2:

Need some help please
Sounds like you might have the newer packages in the cache, clean out the apt cache by using the following command:
Code:
sudo apt-get clean
and be sure you update your packagelist by
Code:
sudo apt-get update

Other than that I'm at a loss, not sure why it wouldn't work Smile

Also, if your going back the data xbmc have stored will most likely not work so you need to wipe your settings (will remove libraries and such) by doing
Code:
rm -rf ~/.xbmc

Cheers,
Tobias
You have to remove the unstable version first, using the package manager. You cannot just go around deleting files from /usr/.
topfs2 Wrote:Sounds like you might have the newer packages in the cache, clean out the apt cache by using the following command:
Code:
sudo apt-get clean
and be sure you update your packagelist by
Code:
sudo apt-get update

Other than that I'm at a loss, not sure why it wouldn't work Smile

Also, if your going back the data xbmc have stored will most likely not work so you need to wipe your settings (will remove libraries and such) by doing
Code:
rm -rf ~/.xbmc

Cheers,
Tobias

Thanks a lot Tobias, it worked!! Big Grin