Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advice On Building A Local File & Local XML Video Addon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a long time HTPCer, with the majority of my usage over the years via Meedio. I'm also a Japanese Wrestling fan, and through the Meedio Theme Designer I was able to build a custom module based on the Media Module that would scrape .my files for metadata and play the files natively in Meedio. I needed to create my own data files because there is no one reliable data source on the Net, and even if there was I would not be capable of coding it. Now that I've moved on in the last year or so I've been going between MP and XBMC, with most of my usage with XBMC, I would like to create a new version of this. I would like to use .xmls rather than .mys. I really don't have much coding experience but if was a matter of modding existing code and if there might be a visual editor I may have a chance of pulling it off.

I am asking for some advice on whether this is possible, and if it is are there any projects that anyone suggest I look at to get me going. I thank you in advance for any help or advice I might receive.

EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed that I should not post support threads in General. If a mod sees this, please delete, I'll post in a more appropriate area. My apologies.