Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Next aired -TV guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just finished reading the how to for custom menus sticky and wanted to know would it be possible to move/add the next aired info on the home menu over my TV show playlist?(having over videos isnt really ideal for me since i almost never use that menu) If so, what would i need to modify in which xmlHuh

Also, by making a new playlist for TV show, wont i be losing the TV Guide submenu? Is there any way to move it to its own menu? Ideally i would like to map it to my Harmony remote TV guide button (i use keyboard.xml).

ThanksSmile
saitoh183 Wrote:I just finished reading the how to for custom menus sticky and wanted to know would it be possible to move/add the next aired info on the home menu over my TV show playlist?(having over videos isnt really ideal for me since i almost never use that menu) If so, what would i need to modify in which xmlHuh

If you disable "Videos" in the home screen it maps to tv epiosdes automatically - that might work better for you.

saitoh183 Wrote:Also, by making a new playlist for TV show, wont i be losing the TV Guide submenu? Is there any way to move it to its own menu? Ideally i would like to map it to my Harmony remote TV guide button (i use keyboard.xml).
ThanksSmile

Hmmn yeah that's a good idea (mapping it to a remote) I could maybe make it home menu item in it's own right rather than a submenu item of TV shows - that's probably the best I could do.
Yeah that works but as stated in the sticky, TV show will show my Anime so to avoid that i have to make a TV show playlist. So would it be possible get the Next Aired there.
Lol - sorry I just mangled your previous post by editing rather than replying to it - sorry!

Quote:Yeah that works but as stated in the sticky, TV show will show my Anime so to avoid that i have to make a TV show playlist. So would it be possible get the Next Aired there.

Okay it would take quite a bit of messing around in order to create skin options that would let you change what home menu item the airing today widget appears over. If you want a quick and dirty xml hack:

Using the latest version in the svn

Edit include.xml.

Find line 2979

Code:
<visible>Container(11).Hasfocus(4)</visible>

Change the Hasfocus(4) bit to whatever shortcut you have mapped your TV playlist to.

The custom shortcut ids are 13-20.

Cheers
cool...i will give it a try and let you you Smile
Great, it works and i was able to get Recent episodes as well using the info in the sticky Smile

There is 1 issue that i have now, as the sticky states, i removed the TV show control visibility but by doing that Movies menu doesnt show fanart on the home menu(i use folder) but if i enable TVshow visibility, fanart works...Are they linked? I even tried setting just a single image but its still just black.
Ah no that's a bug - thanks for spotting it - I'll fix it.
im using the SVN version from passion repo
Oh right - I've not been updating that version as I've been concentrating on the nightly build stuff. (It's fixed in the eden-pre version of the skin).

To fix it yourself - edit the home.xml in the 720P folder:

Find lines 287 & 310

Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(tv-library)</visible>

Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(tv-library)</visible>

Change tv-library to movies-library
thanks alot Smile
Sharpe Wrote:I could maybe make it home menu item in it's own right rather than a submenu item of TV shows - that's probably the best I could do.

Wanted to know if this was done in the Eden version?

Kind of sucks that im force to keep the original TV shows menu just so i can have the TV guide optionSmile
Yes I can see how that would be a pain - let me have a think of the best way to sort this.
Right it's actually all sorted in Eden - just go into programs then program addons from the home screen, make the TV Show - Next Aired a favourite item and then simply add it as new home shortcut item in skin options.
Sharpe Wrote:Right it's actually all sorted in Eden - just go into programs then program addons from the home screen, make the TV Show - Next Aired a favourite item and then simply add it as new home shortcut item in skin options.

Ok, Will try that once i get home
Well i was able to do what you said, but will it always scan all my TV shows before opening?
Pages: 1 2