Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMP/XBMC Logo Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
xbmp/xbmc logo contest:
maybe some of you have noticed that there is one important thing missing for xbmp and xbmc projects. you're right, a decent logo, well a logo at all as our project has amazingly never had a real official logo! so we've decided to hold this open logo contest. we need an official logo to use on our website, an official skin and wherever a logo could be placed. now unlike most of our other contests this one will not have prize award to be won, except for the pride and honour of knowing that you made 'the official xbmp/xbmc logos'.

contest rules and conditions:
- anyone and everyone can participate as a contender, inc team members.
- logo for xbmc or xbmp or both, a corporate design for both would be nice.
- anyone can enter any number of logos as long as they each significantly differ.
- the logo should not be based on any copyrighted content (like the xbox-x).
- entries should strive to look as professional and elegant as possible.
- each logos should be submitted in 640x480 and 800x600 resolution.
- final result should be submitted in psd or similar (editable) format,
 (if a font is used in the logo/s then including the font file is required).
- if possible please also provide a 468x60 and 88x31 banner size logos.
- the winning logo will be decided on by the xbmp/xbmc team members,
 (or maybe we'll start a poll for the final decision, we'll see).
- there is no reward except for the pride and honour.
- last submission date is one month from now (26/02-2004).

note! submitting your logo means a complete transfer of your legal rights of the logo to the xbmp/xbmc projects, this is just to avoid any trouble, (you can still use your logo style for other things as much as you want).

upload your logo to www.xboxmediaplayer.it/upload
(ps! leave forum nick and e-mail address as a note)

logo preview page: http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/logocontest/

i keep getting errors when i try to upoad (some kind of cgi error). im not sure if it went or not, so uh...any alternatives?

i included a txt file in the zip file with my name and email.
my god, you finally did it! thank you gamester17!
(quall @ jan. 26 2004,19:32 Wrote:i keep getting errors when i try to upoad (some kind of cgi error). im not sure if it went or not, so uh...any alternatives?

i included a txt file in the zip file with my name and email.
try to send it to [email="nuendo@XBMP.de"]nuendo@XBMP.de[/email]

i se there are various logos in our upload section already. and i see that most of em are plain jpgs. please keep in mind that it will be much easier for us to use it if we have an editable format. so please post your workfile (psd or whatever). Smile

ok just sent mine... enjoy ppl Image
ok, sent mine. um, i thought it looked cool inverted as well, so i put in one inverted.
(febs @ jan. 26 2004,20:38 Wrote:you finally did it! thank you gamester17!
actually i can't take any credit on this one, this is hullebulle/nuendo's baby (i only helped a little with formulation) Image
(hullebulle @ jan. 27 2004,00:57 Wrote:i see there are various logos in our upload section already. and i see that most of em are plain jpgs.
please zip or rar the files before you upload them, please also include a text file inside the .rar/.zip package with contact info
might also be a wise idea to give the archive a unique name, or atleast something a little more unique than 'logo.zip' (no pun intended)
hiya guys.  thanks for the fantastic piece of software.  i'm an embroidery designer and am hereby offering my services gratis (free of charge) for you once you have picked a logo design winner.  i will convert the design into an open embroidery format for your personal use.  at that point you can either use it to make gear yourselves and sell it here or post it for the users to be able to download and take to their own local embroidery shops if they have existing gear they want to tag with your logo.  it will be yours so you can do whatever you wish.

drop me a line if you are interested or have any questions.
p.s. if i don't hear from you i'll probably end up doing the conversion and releasing it to the wild.

thanks again for the countless hours you have dedicated!! Smile
how long is the contest running??

pps.
as in the words of pedxing
Quote:thanks for the fantastic piece of software!
(hullebulle @ jan. 26 2004,17:04 Wrote:xbmp/xbmc logo contest:
maybe some of you have noticed that there is one important thing missing for xbmp and xbmc projects. you're right, a decent logo, well a logo at all as our project has amazingly never had a real official logo! so we've decided to hold this open logo contest. we need an official logo to use on our website, an official skin and wherever a logo could be placed. now unlike most of our other contests this one will not have prize award to be won, except for the pride and honour of knowing that you made 'the official xbmp/xbmc logos'.

contest rules and conditions:
- anyone and everyone can participate as a contender, inc team members.
- logo for xbmc or xbmp or both, a corporate design for both would be nice.
- anyone can enter any number of logos as long as they each significantly differ.
- the logo should not be based on any copyrighted content (like the xbox-x).
- entries should strive to look as professional and elegant as possible.
- each logos should be submitted in 640x480 and 800x600 resolution.
- final result should be submitted in psd or similar (editable) format,
 (if a font is used in the logo/s then including the font file is required).
- if possible please also provide a 468x60 and 88x31 banner size logos.
- the winning logo will be decided on by the xbmp/xbmc team members,
 (or maybe we'll start a poll for the final decision, we'll see).
- there is no reward except for the pride and honour.
- last submission date is one month from now (26/02-2004).

note! submitting your logo means a complete transfer of your legal rights of the logo to the xbmp/xbmc projects, this is just to avoid any trouble, (you can still use your logo style for other things as much as you want).

upload your logo to www.xboxmediaplayer.it/upload
(ps! leave forum nick and e-mail address as a note)
can you publish the logos online, while you're receiving them?
i decided to put the current logos online and will try to keep this site uptodate. Smile

http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/logocontest/

(hullebulle @ feb. 02 2004,17:42 Wrote:i decided to put the current logos online and will try to keep this site uptodate. Smile

http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/logocontest/
page not found Sad

the url should be: http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/logocontest/[/quote]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8