Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska Revisited not showing some fanarts when in Landscape mode (TV shows)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello All,

My title says it all. Some shows, even recent ones, don't show their fanart when in landscape mode. When in Banner, all have banners. How do i get them? It doesn't look nice when there are blank spaces on landscape mode.
Hi, thanks for your reply. Will see if I can get it working.
Hitcher Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=626137&postcount=1

Hello Hitcher,

Sorry to bother you once again. Which part of the above post are your instructions? Do I upgrade to latest nightly build to get all the fan art at landscape mode appear?
Combined Banner, Landscape and Poster support -
  • Have the scraper set to download Posters.

• Download the Banner and Landscape images from TVdb and save them to each TV Show folder naming them banner.jpg and landscape.jpg respectively. I recommend resizing the landscape images to 408x230 to prevent slowdown. (Note: This can now be done automatically from Alaska's setting [Scripts/Extras])

• If you need to change any of the images for whatever reason you'll need to delete userdata/Database/textures.db to force XBMC to re-cache them.
Thanks Hitcher,

The same instruction is on the link you provided. Just didn't know that it was those that actually mattered. Thanks for the clear step-by-step. Will do that.
Hitcher Wrote:Combined Banner, Landscape and Poster support -
  • Have the scraper set to download Posters.

• Download the Banner and Landscape images from TVdb and save them to each TV Show folder naming them banner.jpg and landscape.jpg respectively. I recommend resizing the landscape images to 408x230 to prevent slowdown. (Note: This can now be done automatically from Alaska's setting [Scripts/Extras])

• If you need to change any of the images for whatever reason you'll need to delete userdata/Database/textures.db to force XBMC to re-cache them.

hi Hitcher,

Sorry, I can't seem to find where the Scripts/ Extras is? Can you point it out?
Settings > Alaska > Scripts/Extras
Hi there Hitcher, I double checked my settings, none was there. I'm using Openelec 1.01, with Alaska revisited. Could this be a version problem, that's why the option isn't presented? Do you advise to upgrade the Alaska revisited theme from inside Openelec? Will it be stable?

Thanks
I think Openelec 1.01 is Dharma only so the latest Alaska Revisited wont work.
Hitcher Wrote:I think Openelec 1.01 is Dharma only so the latest Alaska Revisited wont work.

Correct.
There are some 'eden' builds available of Openelec and deemed fairly stable.
Hitcher, Machine-Sanctum, thanks. I'll check if eden is stable.
Hitcher Wrote:I think Openelec 1.01 is Dharma only so the latest Alaska Revisited wont work.

Hello Hitcher,

I did the manual thing, getting fanart and rename it to banner.jpg, landscape.jpg, then I did a "refresh tv show information," yet, it didn't work. My alaska settings/ views, I selected TV Shows Logos in Panel View. Use landscape.jpg for Landscape View, etc. Not working.

Can you point out to me possible problems?
Debug log?
Hitcher Wrote:Debug log?

Uhmmm, I'll see how to get it. Will post back when I find out :-)

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2