Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Your Favorite Bluray Disc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are some of your favorite bluray discs you watched using XBMC?

Here are some of my favorite movies:

1. Animation- Avatar (DTS-HD), Kung Fu Panda (TrueHD), Toy Story 3 (DTS-HD) and How To Train Your Dragon (TrueHD)

2. Action- Speed (DTS-HD), Total Recall (DTS-HD), Collateral (DTS-HD), Fast Five (DTS-HD), Transformers: Dark of the Moon (TrueHD) and Eagle Eye (TrueHD)

3. Commedy- Due Date (DTS-HD), National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (DTS-HD) and The Hangover (TrueHD)

4. Martial Art- Fearless (DTS-HD), 13 Assassins (DTS-HD), Ip Man (DTS-HD) and Ong Bok (DTS-HD)

5. War- Braveheart (TrueHD), Saving Private Ryan (DTS-HD), U-571 (DTS-HD), We Were Soldiers (DD) and Black Hawk Down (LPCM)

6. Western- True Grit (DTS-HD) and 3:10 To Yuma (LPCM)

The only XBMC I used to playback these movies is Pre-Eden (July version in my signature below).
Based on movie rating or "HD-effect"? Based on the latter, I'd say Avatar and Hangover II would be the best. Getting my new 50" plasma today, can't wait to watch Avatar on that thing!
One I can highly recommend is Super 8.
The movie itself was only so-so but the surround effects were incredible.

Also, Transformers: Dark Of The Moon. Great sound and video quality...in my opinion even better than Avatar.

(Agree with you on Collateral...my favorite Tom Cruise movie by far!...though MI3 was very very good...and War of the Worlds..)
MartijnGP Wrote:Hangover II
I'm planning to buy it this holiday.Smile
dtviewer Wrote:War of the Worlds..)
I agreed but I don't have bd, and I'm still looking for a good deal this holiday. I rented a DVD from BB a while ago.