Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: removing XBMC entry from video menu list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

I have tried to find an answer in the forum without success, so now I need collective wisdom on it.

I have recently installed XBMC 10.1.1 on Mac Mini. In Video menu among the list of my medias I can see XBMC entry. It has no videos, only some apps, so I would like to remove it.

I have checked sources.xml, and it is not there. Is there any way to get rid of this entry?

It must be something basic I miss. Please help, thanks.

------------------
Issue found. It was XBMC installation image mounted on the system.
Quote:I have recently installed XBMC 10.1.1 on Mac Mini. In Video menu among the list of my medias I can see XBMC entry. It has no videos, only some apps, so I would like to remove it.

I'm unsure what you mean. You want to remove the video category of XBMC?
Absolutely not.

Video category is perfectly fine. But when I go inside of it, I see there the following:

<my media source 1>
<my media source 2>
XBMC
Add a new source

There is an actual entry in video called XBMC in the menu. I do not understand where it came from. I would like to get rid of it.
Never mind, just found the problem.

I have actually had XBMC installation image mounted. For some reason it was shown in Video category. Unmounted it, menu entry gone
Cool cool, remember to turn the library on - makes it a bit easier.

When you go into your media source press left on the keyboard and make sure library is turned on.

Happy XBMC-ing
pseudo7 Wrote:Cool cool, remember to turn the library on - makes it a bit easier.

When you go into your media source press left on the keyboard and make sure library is turned on.

Happy XBMC-ing

Yes, I know what you mean. My issue is some of my medias are multilingual, and for that reason not recognized by the scanners. Thus not shown in library mode.