Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Webserver stopped working.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all.
This issue is driving me crazy:
I use the webserver to control XBMC from my iphone for a long time now. I run XBMC on a windows 7 64bit installation. Everything worked fine up until an hour ago, we came back home, windows was suspended, we turned it on like we always do it and XBMC was still running as usual.
We then noticed we can't control xbmc via our phones. I thought maybe something happened after resuming from sleep so I rebooted windows (as a unix user I don't really know how to solve windows problems other than just rebooting it and hoping for the best).
The webserver was still down. It was marked in xbmc as on but it wasn't answering.
The log shows this:
00:03:50 T:2224 NOTICE: Webserver: Starting...
00:03:50 T:2224 ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()

I tried freshly reinstalling XBMC to no avail.
I even tried installing a daily eden build and got the same error.
Sometimes it even blocks me from existing the network configuration screen if I not disable the webserver and the logs shows multiple error messages like the one above for every time I tried to exit.
I have a debug log from a fresh eden installation that has the same problem if anyone cares to look at it:
http://gil.disatnik.com/xbmc/eden.txt

The crazy thing is that it worked well and stopped working without me doing anything to the computer (I use this computer strictly for Starcraft II and xbmc, I wasn't running starcraft for more than 2 weeks now so it's basically only running xbmc...)

Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks.
You didn't have debugging enabled when XBMC started, so there's no debug info for the web server starting. Enable debug logging then stop XBMC and start it again. This will have debugging on right from the start.

JR
Thanks.
I will do that tomorrow evening when I get back home from work.
B.t.w - I did disable and re-enable the webserver while in debug mode.
Here is the log using xbmc 10.1.
I enabled debug mode, closed xbmc and reopened it while still in debug mode.
I then went to the settings to make sure the webserver is still enabled...
http://gil.disatnik.com/xbmc/xbmc.log

This is driving us crazy as we need to use our keyboard to operate it.
And again - the weird part is that it worked fine and just like that after resuming from suspend it didn't work and continued to fail working after a fresh restart of the entire computer.

This is a pretty freshly installed win7 64bit (1 month old...) with all the latest updates and it is doing very little other than running xbmc.
I thought that perhaps there is a network issue (opening the port, etc...) so I run netcat on port 80 and some other random ports and it worked fine, so it is simply xbmc not running the webserver for some reason.

The log looks very similar to the previous log I uploaded (at least with the webserver error), if there is a way to make it more verbose please let me know and I'll try again.

Thanks!
Something is causing the webserver to crash:

Code:
NOTICE: Webserver: Starting...
ERROR: exception in CApplication::Process()

This has to be something in the settings or possibly the library. Try running XBMC in portable mode, which will use default settings. Open a command prompt and type:

Code:
cd \Program Files (x86)\XBMC
xbmc -p

In portable mode XBMC will use the settings in "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data", so its a good way to try default settings. Enable the web server and see if it works. If it does, try copying the userdata\Database folder from your profile into "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data" and see if the webserver still works.

JR
Thanks.
I get the same error when running in portable mode (I took xbmc.log from \Program Files (x86)\XBMC as it was there instead of in the roaming dir of the user).

I had to let my user write permissions on the dir so it would work as I had no permission to write under \Program Files (x86)\XBMC, maybe that's a clue?

Here is the new logfile from the portable execution:
http://gil.disatnik.com/xbmc/xbmc2.log
gibsonlp Wrote:I get the same error when running in portable mode

OK, I guess it's not something in the settings then. Maybe there is something XBMC doesn't like about the network setup on your PC. Can you open a command prompt and type:

Code:
c:
cd \
ipconfig /all >net.log
netstat -an >>net.log

Then put the contents of C:\net.log on http://pastebin.com/

Sorry for all this fussing about, but with problems like this it's a matter of poking around for clues. Because the web server is just crashing we're not getting any useful error messages from it.

JR
I fixed the links for the log files I uploaded in case and anyone tried to download them in the past day (everything except net.log was out of the xbmc dir I opened).

I understand that the web server is just crashing, but shouldn't it say why is it crashing?
NOTHING has changed in my computer from the moment it worked until the moment it stopped working, at least nothing I did myself... it worked fine, the computer was suspended like it is doing 10 times a day for the past month, I resumed it, xbmc was stuttering a little bit so I shut it off (using my iphone web-based remote) and started it (actually clicked with the mouse...).
After that I could no longer control xbmc via remote. I thought it's a remote issue but saw that I could not connect using the browser from my laptop as well and then I opened this thread...

If you want me to install the the free visual studio version and run a debugger - I can try and do that (although as I said - I don't have too much experience with windows so it might take me a while...)
Your network setup looks fine. I must admit that I'm stumped.

I can only think of two ways forward. One is to debug the problem yourself. If you've done any programming this is easier than you think and Visual Studio 10 is an excellent and easy to use development tool. You'll need to install VS 10 and GIT - I use msysgit http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/downloads/list. I can tell you where amongst the several million lines of code(!) to start looking.

Alternatively I can build you a custom version of XBMC.exe with enhanced logging. Note that this would be the pre-Eden build since there's little point in debugging v10.1 with v11 about to go into beta test, so you'd need to install a nightly build. However you can install this into a separate directory and run in portable mode so it doesn't tamper with your Dharma installation. Of course you may find that the current nightly builds have fixed the problem ...

JR
Thanks. I'll try to debug the issue myself using VS10 and the current git repo this weekend (I am getting back home from work very late... Sad )
I will get a windows savvy friend to help me out.
The latest nightly build (at least - latest to the date in which this thread was started) shows the same error so I lean towards an OS problem that causes this issue, however - I am sure that it would be nice to pinpoint it as it might occur to other people as well...

Thanks again.
I've been having this same issue with the webserver crashing and the same error in the log as the original poster. I have run XBMC from Visual Studio and as soon as I click on the radio button to allow control of xbmc via http, I get Unhandled exception at 0x6ef44250 in XBMC.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.. Any ideas what to look at next? This is in 12.0-ALPHA5 in Windows7 x64. Thank you.
Having the same issue here.

Change the port of the webserver would cause the problem as shown in the first post.

I can't access the webserver via http even if I turn off my firewall

anyone know how to fix this?
Can you guys please try with the latest RC2 release (especially the OP who uses Dharma which is way outdated)? It's not like there were any changes in that area (there haven't been any changes to the webserver in a while IIRC) but it's always harder to look into a problem if a lot of things have already changed since then.
I am still crashing with RC2. These are the last several lines in my xbmc.log and I have a bunch of crashlog's.

18:46:50 T:6984 NOTICE: Webserver: Starting...
18:46:52 T:5336 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
18:46:56 T:8552 WARNING: XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
18:46:56 T:8552 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
18:46:56 T:8552 ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/pvr/win32/addons.xml.md5>
18:47:03 T:8552 WARNING: XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
18:47:03 T:8552 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
18:47:03 T:8552 ERROR: Repository XBMC.org PVR Add-ons returned no add-ons, listing may have failed
18:47:04 T:9356 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
18:47:04 T:8312 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
18:47:05 T:7268 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
18:47:05 T:8688 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
18:47:10 T:792 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
18:47:13 T:4956 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
18:47:13 T:4956 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
18:47:13 T:10924 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
18:47:33 T:4956 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
18:47:33 T:4956 WARNING: XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28
18:47:33 T:4956 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
18:47:37 T:6984 NOTICE: Webserver: Starting...
18:47:53 T:6984 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
18:47:53 T:6984 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\webinterface.debug\icon.png
18:47:59 T:8552 WARNING: XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28
18:47:59 T:8552 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
18:48:03 T:6984 NOTICE: Webserver: Starting...
18:48:06 T:8688 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 15 times.
18:48:06 T:8688 WARNING: XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28
18:48:06 T:8688 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
18:48:07 T:6984 NOTICE: Webserver: Starting...
18:48:08 T:6984 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 10 times.
18:48:08 T:6984 ERROR: CApplication::FrameMove(), too many exceptions
Pages: 1 2