Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] TuneIn Radio Plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
TuneIn Radio must be the best Internet Radio service on the web, how come there's no plugin for it?

There is an old RadioTime plugin but that's no good now. TuneIn has icons for all there stations, unlike the ListenLiveEU plugin.

Anyone working on this?
Hi,

I'm pretty sure there is one... I have the old radio time plugin which still works fine for me, but I also have a tunein plugin.

I'm in bed at the moment, and if no one else posts the link for it before I wake up I'll pop it up for you first thing. I've no idea where I got it from though Laugh

Edit:
Here it is...

https://github.com/brianhornsby/tunein-xbmc/downloads
not working on ATV2 can anyone help me fix it
I just wanted to say that my Radio Addon provides (nearly) the same stations like TuneIn - most of them with icons.

It should also work on ATV2.

You can find it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119362 (and in the official repo in a few days)

regards,
sphere
dallasnights Wrote:not working on ATV2 can anyone help me fix it

Raise an issue on https://github.com/brianhornsby/tunein-x...state=open
Make sure you add the contents of the xbmc.log file (from when you get the error).
Thank you for a great addon!!!! It works flawlessly in Win 7 and two apple TV's.

There are though a number of radios "not supported". Those radios are available with the iPad - iPhone app. Why is that?
phileas50 Wrote:Thank you for a great addon!!!! It works flawlessly in Win 7 and two apple TV's.

There are though a number of radios "not supported". Those radios are available with the iPad - iPhone app. Why is that?

Frustrating isn't it? Those same stations likely aren't available for streaming from the TuneIn website either, I assume it's by request of the streaming station themselves. I beat my head against that one for a while before I figured it out.
Brian's tunein addon is good and what I want/need, but I wish you could add stations/urls to "favourites". That way I could simply add them to a sub-menu in mq3 skin.

How hard would it be to do this?
Hauser Wrote:Frustrating isn't it? Those same stations likely aren't available for streaming from the TuneIn website either, I assume it's by request of the streaming station themselves. I beat my head against that one for a while before I figured it out.

What I found out after further investigation is that those not available in the plugin are available in the TuneIn website but they are opened in a separate window.Sad
leftywhat Wrote:Brian's tunein addon is good and what I want/need, but I wish you could add stations/urls to "favourites". That way I could simply add them to a sub-menu in mq3 skin.

How hard would it be to do this?

If you register (free) in the website then with the same credentials the stations you add in your favorites will be available in every installation...Laugh
phileas50 Wrote:If you register (free) in the website then with the same credentials the stations you add in your favorites will be available in every installation...Laugh

You are correct Sir,Just add you user logon and password from Tunein radio in the Script and then you can Add/remove station/set fav's and so forth
just love this Plug.
phileas50 Wrote:If you register (free) in the website then with the same credentials the stations you add in your favorites will be available in every installation...Laugh

This is not what I want, I already know/have done that.

I do not want to have to go into the Add-on itself and go into the menu's etc.

I just want be able to go into the add-on once, add a custom url, highlight it, press c, add to favourites (being xbmc favourites).

Then I can make a custom button in the main menu in Aeon MQ3 skin called "Radio", and then have as a Sub-Menu "station1" "station2" etc which you just link via favourites.

That way, I don't ever need to go into the add-on > music > tunein > favourites > etc. I can just scroll in the main menu to "radio", press the down arrow and you can have up to 5 sub menus which link to favourites, I just press enter and it should load just fine.

I wouldn't have to have the script auto-log into tunein either to see these favourites.

I hope you understand what I'm talking about now?
Its not complicated at all. I do this same method with Advanced launcher very easily for setting up emulators, pc games, programs.
leftywhat Wrote:I just want be able to go into the add-on once, add a custom url, highlight it, press c, add to favourites (being xbmc favourites).

Then I can make a custom button in the main menu in Aeon MQ3 skin called "Radio", and then have as a Sub-Menu "station1" "station2" etc which you just link via favourites.

The following seems to work for some stations.
  1. Start playing the station you wish to add to favourites.
  2. Bring up the playlist window.
  3. Select the playing stream, bring up context menu, add to favourites.
You should now be able to add the station to the sub-menu.
Can xmbc pc handle asx streams?

All my favorites are asx I believe and they will not play.

Can xbmc pc handle all the formats? Why are only a couple turned on by default?

What anout xbmc ATV2, can it handle all the streams?
even navi x support tunein streams
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13