Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bug with Weather for Dubai?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using EDEN, running on Windows XP with the following locations for Weather:

Loughborough, United Kingdom.
Tubingen, Germany
Prestwick, England.

All is ok, and all of them refresh fine. Changing Prestwick to "Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates" Generates a "Script Failed" error message. If it is significant to debugging this, the %age humidity field gets an extra % symbol each time it is refreshed.

Sometimes this also causes the descriptions to become "?0?" and "?-1?" in the "General Options" bar.

In the Log file is reported the following:

16:29:56 T:2540 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:30:02 T:7132 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:30:03 T:8168 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:30:03 T:8168 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
16:30:03 T:8168 ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
16:30:03 T:8168 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Paul Smith\Application Data\XBMC\addons\weather.worldweatheronline\default.py", line 174, in <module>

forecast(location)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Paul Smith\Application Data\XBMC\addons\weather.worldweatheronline\default.py", line 121, in forecast

current = query.getElementsByTagName("current_condition")[0]
I'll check it out, thx for letting us know
fixed, you will need to search for Dubai again.
Weather for Dubai: Sunny, Hot. What else do you need to know? Wink
hehe, I know... but there was a "script error" Smile
Yes, Dubai weather was indeed Sunny and hot !
Big Grin

I am back in the UK now, so thanks for fixing the bug....all I need to do now is wait until I can get to the update. For some reason at the moment my system knows there's an update available but can't seem to download it.

According to the log file, it's looking for http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden-pre/....6.zip.md5
but at the moment the log file reports it failed to get it, and if I type the URL (or anything from http://mirrors.xbmc.org) straight into I.E. (I know!), then it just times out.

Will keep trying.

Thanks again for fixing the bug, and telling me what the weather was!

Keep up the great work Guys.
Problem resolved.
Not sure why I had no access to the update server, but after a little while it all started working again.

I can confirm that after downloading the update, and changing the city to "Dubai, Debubawi K'eyih Bahri, United Arab Emirates", that all is well with my weather again.

Smile