Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] INADYN Service Add-on - Simple Dynamic DNS client.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Before start I want to warn you this service is just for Linux Sad

I made simple service add-on for updating dynamic DNS for XBMC. If somebody wants to improve or just use, be my guest. If improvement please share on this topic or github page.

http://troglobit.com/inadyn.html
supports the following dynamic DNS services:

Important: Default service is disabled on settings. You have to go inadyn service settings and enable it. (Settings>Add-ons>Enabled Add-ons>Services>inadyn then hit Configure)

PS: I just test with no-ip.com and dnsomatic.com. Others maybe not working well.

How to download my plugins!
Thanks for that plugin! I'll try it out ASAP. I would like the possibility to remove the notification tho. Smile
updated to version 1.0.2: diff
Code:
-make executable python way.
-execute with subprocess.Popen rather then os.system
-disabled startup notification. (very annoying)
updated to version 1.0.3: diff
Code:
-added dnsomatic.com support
Thanks!
I'm going to try this on Openelec (already tested by anyone?) since my router doesn't support any of those services.

I'll let you know,
Federico
Ok, tried on Openelec, as soon as the system starts I get a pop-up saying: service.py failed.
Then I tried to increase the debug level, but I can't find any log file in the specified directory.

Anything else I could try?

Thanks,
Federico
log file is in ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.inadyn/inadyn.log

could you tell me what is saying if you give this command?
Code:
ls -l ~/.xbmc/addons/service.inadyn/bin/

I suspect inadyn file is not executable.
Well, indeed that was the log I was looking for...

Anyway, the output is:

Code:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         42630 Oct  2 19:20 inadyn

Thanks again,
Federico
Hmm what is the problem then? Any info on log file?
Well, the inadyn log is not being written, tonight I will try to set the xbmc debug mode and see what comes out...

I'll let you know,
Thanks anyway for the add on and your fast response

Federico
Well I just noted that I didn't specify that I'm trying to run on the raspberry pi, and if I'm right this add on relies on the inadyn executable rather than only on python scripts...
I think that the inadyn executable is not compiled for ARM...
Ok thats the problem. It's opensource, you can try to compile for arm. Or somebody else check and make it for arm Smile
You can try this arm port from archlinux
http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2540

just extract and take inadyn bin file in /usr/sbin and change it wih mine. I hope it helps.
Now I solved the problem with a simple python script that checks the current ip, and then updates no-ip through the URL...
When I find some time I could try to make an add-on from it.

Federico
(2012-10-13, 00:38)gaggio Wrote: [ -> ]Now I solved the problem with a simple python script that checks the current ip, and then updates no-ip through the URL...
When I find some time I could try to make an add-on from it.

Federico

ohh do this please, Im trying this with Raspbmc!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4