Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Congress withdraws SOPA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Read more here:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46072484

Looks like the backlash has inspired many of the original backers to re-think their positions.
They shutdown MegaUpload without SOPA and PIPA so obviously they don`t need "new" anti-piracy laws, the old ones apply just fine if somebody actually wants to use them. I`m actually surprised that the stop SOPA community on Facebook only has 100.000 users that liked it, considering how much info about it is around the the internet
GreenEyez Wrote:They shutdown MegaUpload without SOPA and PIPA so obviously they don`t need "new" anti-piracy laws, the old ones apply just fine if somebody actually wants to use them. I`m actually surprised that the stop SOPA community on Facebook only has 100.000 users that liked it, considering how much info about it is around the the internet

The shutdown of mega upload has lasted what? Not even 24 hours and they are already resetting up. They'll have good and very expensive lawyers at their disposal given the money they were generating and will no doubt fight their corner.
not to mention Mega has alot of legit users with files they own stored on space they paid for.. I use it for my business all the time, I can have work files there and Ive also used it when rescuing photos off broken or corrupt SD camera cards, I save the photos, upload them to Mega so my clients can easily access them at their convenience, and i dont have drive across town to deliver a DVD!
GreenEyez Wrote:They shutdown MegaUpload without SOPA and PIPA so obviously they don`t need "new" anti-piracy laws, the old ones apply just fine if somebody actually wants to use them. I`m actually surprised that the stop SOPA community on Facebook only has 100.000 users that liked it, considering how much info about it is around the the internet

actually if you read why they got shutdown the blame lies on megaupload. but who knows, its no skin of my nose and I will live!

why even use megaupload for a legit business, the website is known for illegally getting v shows/movies/music/etc. You have to be pretty naive to think the website will last forever.
I think they shutdown MegaUpload because they didn't get their way.
possibly a option #2 as a means of scare tactic to warn others and I think it did
get alot of attention and seriously caused ripples.

(2012-01-20, 21:14)GreenEyez Wrote: [ -> ]They shutdown MegaUpload without SOPA and PIPA so obviously they don`t need "new" anti-piracy laws, the old ones apply just fine if somebody actually wants to use them. I`m actually surprised that the stop SOPA community on Facebook only has 100.000 users that liked it, considering how much info about it is around the the internet