Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to get rid of movie sets - xbmc eden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So installed a frehs copy of the beta 1 compiled 24 dec

And i added 4 star wars movies today from my NAS, however they all got made into a star wars collection folder.

Now i dont like this, i can see for some who like collection sets, but i hate it, and it screwes up my skin. Anyone know how i can fix it?
nvm i figuerd it out by using xwmm
How can this be undone without xwmm?

Sets look unappealing on my particular skin and now I see my films have automatically been added to sets today after updating to Eden Beta 2, some with fanart from entirely different films, like The Fast and Furious set has Toy Story set fanart...ha.
Pretty sure there's settings available for stopping sets from showing:

videolibrary.flattenmoviesets

Cheers,
Jonathan
I wanted to followup for anyone else coming upon this scenario. jmarshall is correct. I'm not sure why I have to do this with Eden Beta 2 and not with any previous release, but placing an advancedsettings.xml into your userdata folder with the following code works perfectly.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videolibrary>
    <flattenmoviesets>true</flattenmoviesets>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
Surely something that changes how movies have been listed for such a long time like this should be accessible from within XBMC's videos settings just like 'Flatten TV Shows' and not via advancedsettings?
I will push a change to the TMDb scraper and introduce a setting to not set sets from TMDb.
Done. You can now turn off sets scraping in TMDb scraper addon settings.
so if i delete the .nfos for my sets and rescrape them with TMDb (with the new setting enabled) they will be put back into sets?
Given that those sets are available and provided by TMDb, yes.
Wow, imagine if governments worked this fast. Awesome.
@olympia: IMO this should not be the job for a scraper setting: The scraper should fetch all data available, and sets is part of this.

Instead, we'll simply make it changeable from the UI as well as ensuring that .nfo overrides (where possible) take precedence.

Cheers,
Jonathan
I totally agree, that's why I haven't implemented the option initially (see my comment in the other thread).

...but I am not sure if we can still have that GUI setting for Eden and seeing all the whining, I decided to act. Can be reverted quickly Smile
Is it me or does it seem a bit hit and miss as to whether it scrapes the collection artwork or the one of the movies in the collection instead?

ie

Crank collection

Die Hard collection

Both have posters but they're not getting pulled for me.
The scraper is not getting artwork at all. Only set title where the movie belongs to.
Pages: 1 2 3