Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC on popcorn hour A-110
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have read that it may be possible to run xbmc on the pch but I am having difficulty in finding any info on how to do this. I have a pch A-110 which I know is an old model now but works fine with my movie collection based on a couple of NAS drives but the clunky directory structure for browsing is a pain to use. Would be great if I could get xbmc or some other similar GUI on it for browsing movies.

Grateful if any one can help or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Stuart
Save yourself a ton of time and frustration, and do what I and many others have done: sell the Popcorn Hour, cut your losses, and get a HTPC with XBMC. You'll NEVER look back and regret it. I promise.

Big Grin
maddog808 Wrote:Save yourself a ton of time and frustration, and do what I and many others have done: sell the Popcorn Hour, cut your losses, and get a HTPC with XBMC. You'll NEVER look back and regret it. I promise.

Big Grin

Thanks for the response, what would you suggest for a HTPC bearing in mind I would be on a limited budget? I know that could be the same as asking "how long is a piece of string!!" but and advice gratefully received.

Are there any other media players/streamers that I should consider rather than the pch?

Cheers
Stuart
You should check out the stickies above. People like Poofyhairguy, Eskro, and Bluray have donated countless hours putting together systems for all budgets.

I recently bought a Acer Revo 3610 (discontinued model) with 4GB RAM on Craigslist for a friend. Hard to beat $170, including a Windows 7 license!! Nod He installed XBMC, SABNZBD, Sickbeard, and Couch Potato, bought a $15 remote from ebay, attached a 500GB external hard drive he had laying around, and couldn't be happier!!

I have the Revo myself, and it is SUPER easy to get it going for XBMC, but hard to find one, unless you go the Ebay or Craigslist route.

I am also looking to get a second box for a TV in the bedroom. I'm probably going to get a Apple TV, because I'm cheap, and they are only $99.

Anyway, welcome to the world of XBMC. I'm sure you'll find something you like way better than the A-110. Big Grin
I realize this is an old thread but I stumbled across it in a google search just now. I don't understand why anyone would try and put xbmc on a popcorn hour. XBMC is for people who want to have the total DIY experience IMO, popcorn hour is the out-of-the-box solution for people who would rather be doing other projects. Besides, am I wrong? Popcorn Hour has an app that totally does what OP is looking for automatically, I thought.
(2012-05-20, 20:46)AtariBaby Wrote: [ -> ]I realize this is an old thread but I stumbled across it in a google search just now. I don't understand why anyone would try and put xbmc on a popcorn hour. XBMC is for people who want to have the total DIY experience IMO, popcorn hour is the out-of-the-box solution for people who would rather be doing other projects. Besides, am I wrong? Popcorn Hour has an app that totally does what OP is looking for automatically, I thought.

Eh?