Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC AirPlay Mirroring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

How can i enable AirPlay mirroring on xbmc and share iPad's screen to xbmc.

[WINDOWS] Windows Vista
iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1

Best Regards.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AirPlay
"AirPlay mirroring is currently unsupported."

Perhaps use google next time - information is out there and easily found.
Okey but when support XBMC AirPlay mirroring feature.
pseudo7 Wrote:http://lmgtfy.com/?q=airplay+mirroring+support+xbmc

the answer is out there.

Do you think I am stupid I know how can I search on google. And you can send a real link or only say "I don't know"
I think you didn't take my advice from the first time I responded.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a life time (or something). I could post a link each time or you could search.

Second link after google-ing:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118238
pseudo7 Wrote:I think you didn't take my advice from the first time I responded.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a life time (or something). I could post a link each time or you could search.

Second link after google-ing:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118238

I'm so so sory I don't see your post. I understood what you mean thank you very much.
AirPlay mirroring will probably never be available. From what little is known, it does not simply take the image from your iPad screen and send it to the ATV2, but instead works by sending the apps themselves directly to the ATV2 and running them natively. This reduces latency and provides a smoother experience, but means it only works with Apple's processors.

To get mirroring to work on a PC would require an emulator to be written that runs iOS, in addition to reverse engineering the decryption that protects the whole system. Even if someone actually went through all of the trouble to do this... Apple could defeat it with a software update, rendering hours (if not months/years) of work pointless. :p If you want mirroring, buy an ATV2.
maruchan Wrote:AirPlay mirroring will probably never be available. From what little is known, it does not simply take the image from your iPad screen and send it to the ATV2, but instead works by sending the apps themselves directly to the ATV2 and running them natively. This reduces latency and provides a smoother experience, but means it only works with Apple's processors.

To get mirroring to work on a PC would require an emulator to be written that runs iOS, in addition to reverse engineering the decryption that protects the whole system. Even if someone actually went through all of the trouble to do this... Apple could defeat it with a software update, rendering hours (if not months/years) of work pointless. :p If you want mirroring, buy an ATV2.

http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index.p...ia-center/
That's sending video from an app. Mirroring is displaying everything that iDevice does on the screen, entirely separate functionality.
@Thare187: Thank you very much for the link!
Deniz343 Wrote:Hi,

How can i enable AirPlay mirroring on xbmc and share iPad's screen to xbmc.

[WINDOWS] Windows Vista
iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1

Best Regards.

That might not be an option but if you had an Apple TV2 you could use Airplay Mirroring to show your Ipad's screen on it. OSX Mountain Lion will support Airplay Mirroring too but so far it sounds like it's more of a client than server (i.e. doesn't seem to support input, only output to an Apple TV2 or better).
jd2157 Wrote:That might not be an option but if you had an Apple TV2 you could use Airplay Mirroring to show your Ipad's screen on it. OSX Mountain Lion will support Airplay Mirroring too but so far it sounds like it's more of a client than server (i.e. doesn't seem to support input, only output to an Apple TV2 or better).

And even on an A-TV2 I'm not sure about that because in the FAQ it says:

For the Apple TV 2: Be sure to disable the native ATV2 AirPlay server in the ATV2's settings. Using the native AirPlay server will crash XBMC.

but it is unclear to me if they mean that the native one should ALWAYS be disabled or maybe it can be enabled but not together with the airplay option in XBMC.
I think it would be best if you can leave it off in XBMC and use the native one, but I fear.....

Anyone who knows this for sure?

edit:
And a quote from the wiki:

When using XBMC's AirPlay server feature on an Apple TV 2 (black) be sure to disable the native ATV2 AirPlay server in the ATV2's settings. Using the native AirPlay server will crash XBMC.

still doesn't make it clear to me. But English is not my native language so it could be just me....
The recommendation was to use one or the other, and not have them both enabled concurrently. If you spend more time in XBMC then turn on it's Airplay feature but if you spend more time in the Apple TV menu or if you run into trouble with XBMC's implementation then use the native Apple Airplay.

So ya, it's ok to enable the native Airplay, but don't try to use it inside XBMC or XBMC will crash.
The possible work around is to use Veency on the ipad and a vnc program, but it is laggy and at least on my tv part of my ipad's screen doesnt show without scrolling. It works fine for reading a book on screen but what i really wanted was to be able to play Monopoly that way but its just too laggy and not the right size.
Pages: 1 2