Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CDArt Missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just back into the Home Theater game after seeing Aeon Nox in action on Youtube. Absolutely love the skin, but can't for the life of me figure out why certain things aren't happening on my rig, in comparison to the Youtube Video I just saw.

My query is about CDArt. Took my time adding them to my library, but they don't appear to appear in some locations they do in the video below. There is no CDArt spinning out on the Full-screen Visualization screen and there is none in the top left of the screen when in a specific section such as music. When full-screen visualization is enabled, there is a static album art box with no spinning CDArt underneath it, and in the music section, there is the name of the artist and progress bar on the little panel in the top left corner, but no CDArt or album art with box. It shows up in all the other locations, with some dubious animations (like list view on song level, where CDArt slides upwards while album art and box slides left when entering song level).

Check the video below, as these things are in there and some screenshots I've seen around the Nox forum.

http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct=j&q...vg&cad=rja

Am I doing something wrong? I have the latest Pre-Eden Beta 2 and latest Nox updated. Do I need to downgrade to Dharma and an earlier Aeon Nox, like 1.7. Kinda lost, and you clever males always have answers for us silly girls.

Please help Sad
I assume you have the cdart.png in the album folder where the mp3 are? If not you should at least see a blank cd/vinyl record spinning

There's an automatic program for downloading them called "cdArt manager"

You probably have to enable the cdart in the mediamenu (the meu that pop-ups on the left).
In home screen press "s" and choose now playing options and then enable cdart in now playing.
In full screen press "enter" and choose "misc options" and enable cdart in music viz.
Thanks for the reply Martijn... I'll try the solution for full-screen visualization misc options... That should sort the CDArt issue out for the full screen... so thanks for that...

I do have all my CdArt sorted and use cdArt manager, although, for some reason, it can't get it to work well, so I've done some stuff manually... cdArt shows up fine on the home screen now playing panel and in list and lowlist views... but how do I get it to show up in the top left corner on the mini now playing panel that pops up?
Oh, before I forget, besides the CDArt not displaying on the mini-now-playing tray in the top left of the screen in media sections like music+movies, how does one fully turn off infopanels in music+movie sections so they don't popup when pressing 'UP' when on Showcase and to disable to progress bar on the Home Scroller? Can't find options to disable those.

Thanks for the comment above, CDArt is showing in Fullscreen now!
BlackRose Wrote:Oh, before I forget, besides the CDArt not displaying on the mini-now-playing tray in the top left of the screen in media sections like music+movies, how does one fully turn off infopanels in music+movie sections so they don't popup when pressing 'UP' when on Showcase
No idea on the mini in left corner. Doesn't show for me either. Maybe it has been removed in the mean time

You can't disable the "UP" without editing the skin .xml files to remove that function. You need to ask BigNoid on how to.

Quote: and to disable to progress bar on the Home Scroller? Can't find options to disable those.
same here about editing the .xml files

Quote:Thanks for the comment above, CDArt is showing in Fullscreen now!

no problem
Okay strange issue I have...I am not getting any Cdart at all. I see the generic cd spinning, I have a Cdart.png with the mp3. Music is sorted......artist\album....I have my folders from cd art manager and xbmc pointing to the right folders because I can download and see logos. I just cannot see the cdarts. The cd arts do not even show up in the Cdart manager program, but the logos do? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Could somebody explain, what CDArt is? I've thought that is is an animated CD image that rotates on Music Visualization screen or in Music "Now playing" widget in the Main Menu when playing music. At least the respective option in Aeon-Nox settings turns on/off that rotating CD or allows to use a vinyl record image/BD image instead of it.
But now I'm not so sure.
Roman_V_M Wrote:Could somebody explain, what CDArt is? I've thought that is is an animated CD image that rotates on Music Visualization screen or in Music "Now playing" widget in the Main Menu when playing music. At least the respective option in Aeon-Nox settings turns on/off that rotating CD or allows to use a vinyl record image/BD image instead of it.
But now I'm not so sure.

You are correct. spinning cd is cdart
Martijn Wrote:You are correct. spinning cd is cdart

Thanks. But why do you need to add your own CDArt? I mean, a CD is always a CD - there is not much to customize here, maybe a different color.
I'm genuinely interested. Maybe you can point me to some examples of such customized CDArt.
Roman_V_M Wrote:Thanks. But why do you need to add your own CDArt? I mean, a CD is always a CD - there is not much to customize here, maybe a different color.
I'm genuinely interested. Maybe you can point me to some examples of such customized CDArt.

http://fanart.tv
Oh, I see now. Thanks!
Ya, that is what I have, a bunch of those saved as cdart.png with my files. Any ideas why they wouldn't work?