Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Anyway to lighten fanart?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I find the fanart in the movie views to be just a bit too dark. Is there anyway to increase the brightness of the fanart?

BTW, this skin is very cool! Big Grin
Just to be clear, I use "Media View 2" for the movie list. In this view, the fanart is a bit dark. If there's a way to lighten it up a bit, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Doug
I would like to see this too. Subscribing in case someone knows how to do it.
Find the corresponding xml and manually edit
Sorry for being a dufus but could someone guide me as to the correct xml file and the necessary edit. I love the slim list view for TV shows and TV seasons but want to lighten the fanart. Thanks for any tips
Bumping this .. cause I have the same request ... Been going through most of the xml files, but can't seem to find it.
tnx in advance
I love this skin, it's been my favorite for quite some time now. I had some time so I thought I'd play around with this a little tonight. I'm just a user who likes to poke around sometimes, so, with that out of the way . . . here's what I was able to pick up on:

Using "Media View 2" as a test case taken from the first post above by dclindner.

The fanart transparency is driven by '.png' files located throughout the Neon skin folder structure. The list of views available in the skin does not appear to use consistent names throughout the available files . . example: using "Media View 2" on screen seems to use file 720p/Viewtype_List2.xml.

This view file uses media/ContentPanel4.png as its fanart or background transparency file.

I played around and swapped it with media/tv-landscape/tv-background.png:
I changed <texture border="0,5,0,0">ContentPanel4.png</texture>
to
<texture border="0,5,0,0">tv-landscape/tv-background.png</texture>
and voila!

There are several others of the correct size to choose from. You can play around and find one you like or create/edit one to your liking. My problem was finding the corresponding view .xml :-)

Cheers!!
Jim
tnx man .. gonna play with it a bit.
you happed to have noted down all the corresponding views & xml files ?

My goal is too lighten the fanart of the slimline (for TV) a bit ... and try to see if I can show more then 4 items at once (i'd like 6 or 8)