Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Start XBMC Remote Desktop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
i would know if it is possible to start XBMC in other PC (Windows XP) using Microsoft Remote Desktop.

I try to start but I have an initialization error. I suppose because OpenGL/DirectX can't start in Windows Termianl Server mode. It is correct? How can I manage XBMC with Remote Desktop ?

Thank you in advance.
Filippo
Do you really need to see the Desktop?
Or just to play media?
filippobesana Wrote:Hello,
i would know if it is possible to start XBMC in other PC (Windows XP) using Microsoft Remote Desktop.

I try to start but I have an initialization error. I suppose because OpenGL/DirectX can't start in Windows Termianl Server mode. It is correct? How can I manage XBMC with Remote Desktop ?

Thank you in advance.
Filippo
If you need to remote manage the PC I would use a VNC server. I like TightVNC.
Doesnt work with XBMC.
You can send Mouse/Keyboard commands but cant see XBMC on your PC monitor.
TeKo Wrote:Doesnt work with XBMC.
You can send Mouse/Keyboard commands but cant see XBMC on your PC monitor.
Huh? I see the movie and menus with TightVNC. It's laggy but works.
I recommend TeamViewer.
gquiring Wrote:Huh? I see the movie and menus with TightVNC. It's laggy but works.

Hmm strange I only saw a black screen maybe just something in settings stopped using it anyways.
Thank you all for replies.

Actually I use UltraVNC and I see only a black windows where I must see XBMC window.

TeamViewer may be an alternative. I know it but it don't came in my mind.

If it fail I'll try TightVNC.

Stay tuned.
filippobesana Wrote:Thank you all for replies.

Actually I use UltraVNC and I see only a black windows where I must see XBMC window.

TeamViewer may be an alternative. I know it but it don't came in my mind.

If it fail I'll try TightVNC.

Stay tuned.
When I use VNC I hit the backslash key to make XBMC run in a window which makes it less laggy and easier to do maintenance. When done just hit the backslash again for full screen. I think when you first VNC in it is a black screen, just hit a key to wake it up.
What Do I Have?

Was trying to find a way get remote desktop control of XMBC on a RPi. Followed a cpl things I found on Goggle and nothing worked. Installed tightvnc and just got a black screen. Today I typed the RPi ip address into my laptop and some type of XBMC interfaced popped up. Blank white panel with XBMC media center in the upper left and a menu: Remote- Movies-TV Shows-Music on the right.

Remote pops up a basic remote the operated the XBMC home screen on my tv! Yea!
The the other menus bring up box cover of videos in those libraries.