Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ATV2] NFS not connecting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have setup an NFS server on my HP MSS EX475 following the instructions found at:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2009/12/...fs-in-whs/

Which is essentially the same as the one linked to in the wiki, except for adding exceptions for TCP aswell as UDP for some of the ports.

XBMC Eden RC2 can see the server & the shares, but attempting to select those shares has no apparent effect.

With debugging enabled, the following three lines appear when selecting a share:
Code:
17:17:36 T:84459520   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://192.168.0.250/Music/
17:17:36 T:84459520   ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(nfs://192.168.0.250/Music/) failed
17:17:38 T:122032128   ERROR: Failed to open(//) opendir call failed with "NFS: READDIR of // failed with NFS3ERR_ACCES(-13)"

Can anybody provide insight as to what I have done wrong?
I need the full debug log with debugging enabled. Paste it to pastebin.com and put the link in here.

It looks like the filesystem permissions of that exported dir are not matching. Post your exports file too.

There are some users outside which already work with NFS on WHS. Maybe you get hold of one of them too...
Your error message shows the path as;

nfs://192.168.0.250/Music/

but in the link you posted in the Miscellaneous section, it mentions about using a ":" in the path;

nfs://192.168.0.250:/Music/

Not too sure if that would make a difference..
workshy Wrote:Your error message shows the path as;

nfs://192.168.0.250/Music/

but in the link you posted in the Miscellaneous section, it mentions about using a ":" in the path;

nfs://192.168.0.250:/Music/

Not too sure if that would make a difference..

I don't think this will work with XBMC - its against the URL spec imho. But hey - its microsoft - they don't care about specs *grrr*...
I have the exact same problem.

Just downloaded the latest version of XBMC (the XBMCbuntu.iso) and used it to install on an old laptop connected to my TV.

It works great exept for this file issue.

I have a Buffalo TerraStation and have enabled the nfs for the shares.

When i goto Video -> files -> add

I kan see the IP of the terrastation in the NFS section and clicing it shows me the share but from there nothing. I cant open the share. If I type it in manually the XBMC gives me an Error 2 when I try to open it telling me it can't reache the destination.

Is there some other way I can get to it? using smb or something else?

the manual is not very clear on how to connect to network shares.
Read the nfs wiki link in my signature. You need to activate the "privileged port access" on your nfs server somehow.