Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Suggestions for handling Exercise Videos in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am looking for suggestions on how to handle exercise videos in XBMC. As an example , I have already checked the movie db and the tv db and they do not contain P90X (which I completely understand, since they are not really tv or movie).

I know this problem is not really unique, as it is essentially the same issue as Anime, or Documentaries. I am assuming I am going to need to create my own nfo files for them and add them that way.

I am just wondering if there are better solutions anybody has found, and how others currently handle them?
I was looking for a way to add P90X as well.

Just a week ago, someone on another thread suggested I create an nfo for it as a tv show. That is the easiest and cleanest way I can (currently) think of.

Taking an existing tv show's nfo and modifying it would be a breeze. I will be doing that within the next week or so (when I can find the time).

The most difficult part I imagine will be to come up with the fanart and banner. Let me know if you find any good artwork in the meantime.
I use MediaCompanion to add content to my Movies library when it's not really a Movie. I keep the workout videos, kids DVDs, etc all in my Movie library, it's just easier to find/use in there rather than in TV Shows.
I have non-movie and non-tv stuff in a non-scanned folder then add that folder as a custom menu item.

That way they would be in a different place and you wouldn't have to bother with nfos
As I can see there seem to be alot of different approaches.

I am leaning towards the TV Show / NFO idea. Just have to find some fan art. P90X is just one of the many exercise videos my wife seems to be collecting. I wish there was a place themoviedb thetvdb for miscellaneous stuff, maybe theeverythingelsedb.

In all seriousneess though if I find some good fanart I will post it here to share.
haha check out what I found:

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/25115-p90x-chest-back

EDIT:

This is the whole collection, I guess someone used tmdb to add them as a movie collection:

http://www.themoviedb.org/collection/65399-p90x
That is funny, as I swear I looked there earlier today before posting, now I am conflicted in how I want to handle exercise videos in general.

I wonder if that will end up getting removed eventually? There seem to be a good bit of exercise videos on there though, so I guess I will go the movie route.

Thanks for pointing that out.
When I searched for p90x on tmdb, it returned no results, but a google search for "p90x fanart" actually took me there. . . go figure
I had them originally scraped from thetvdb prior to their removal but had a server crash and lost them. Now, I'm rebuilding the images and info from themovie db.

In hoping to save some time. Does anyone already have the nfo files made P90X?
You do not need it unless you are wanting it under tv instead of movies. It is on the themoviedb.org site now. See the collection here. (http://www.themoviedb.org/collection/65399-p90x)
Right. And I did and preferred them under the TV listings instead of the Movies. But IMO, you should still have an nfo file for each movie you have as well. It definitely helps if you ever need to rescrape. For me, I lost my all my data Sad and have to rebuild.

I don't want the P90X vids within movies as there are some 10 videos; that would be a lot of clutter. Would someone please tell me each step of getting this to appear in TV Shows (or something equivalent)? Maybe post your nfo as well?
now also P90X2 with covers and backdrops

http://www.themoviedb.org/collection/122374-p90x2
I like that this and other workout videos are on themoviedb.org database but if you add these types of videos as movies and you use the library view for you movies, won't these types of videos wind up lost in the library? Is there an easy way in XBMC of keeping a separate folder for workout videos, that uses themoviedb.org but the contents of these videos are displayed in a separate type of movie library?
Didn't have time to read the whole thread so if this has been said already I appolagize... I do a lot of this custom stuff so trying to be helpful.
I get most of my fanart, etc. from google images. Then just put them in the proper folder and re-name them appropriately...
tvshowname.tbn (rename .jpg to .tbn to make them thumbnails). I think movies are 'movie.jpg' and 'fanart.jpg' but i am not at home right now to check.
Pages: 1 2