Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disable screensaver during music playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(Original thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125524)

I use the Slideshow screensaver to display my pictures when XBMC aren't used - and this works perfectly as intended. When XBMC aren't accessed for the desired duration, my pictures start displaying. And when I play music, XBMC displays the music fanart in the background with Now Playing information. This is also what I really like.

Now - the problem is, that after the music have played for some time, the screensaver kicks in, and the fanart is no longer displayed. Instead I get the Slideshow screensaver with a smaller Now Playing information.

Is there any way to disable this behavior?

FFY
Bumpity

Did you ever find a solution to thisHuh
you can toggle that setting in the appearance-->screensaver section.
(2013-11-05, 11:51)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]you can toggle that setting in the appearance-->screensaver section.

Really? I can't seem to find that option.

I'm looking to find a solution for the exactly issue OP is having. Haven't found it yet.
(2013-11-24, 00:35)overseer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-05, 11:51)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]you can toggle that setting in the appearance-->screensaver section.

I'm looking to find a solution for the exactly issue OP is having. Haven't found it yet.

Really?
Settings/System -->Appearance--> "Use visualization if playing audio"
(2013-11-24, 06:01)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-24, 00:35)overseer Wrote: [ -> ]

Really?
I was thinking about the same issue recently and played with this setting - my conclusion was that the extrafanart slideshow built into Nox isn't actually a visualization, so this setting has no effect on it. In order for the extrafanart slideshow to be displayed properly one would normally set the visualization to "none", and the logic of the setting in question acts like it's testing for a non-zero visualization before overriding the screensaver.
(2013-11-24, 11:19)antisuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-24, 06:01)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-24, 00:35)overseer Wrote: [ -> ]Really? I can't seem to find that option.

Really?
I was thinking about the same issue recently and played with this setting - my conclusion was that the extrafanart slideshow built into Nox isn't actually a visualization, so this setting has no effect on it. In order for the extrafanart slideshow to be displayed properly one would normally set the visualization to "none", and the logic of the setting in question acts like it's testing for a non-zero visualization before overriding the screensaver.

That sounds about right.
So... What's the solution then?
Id like to know this too, turning on 'Use visualization if playing audio" doesn't work......
Anyone with a solution for this issue, please?
I would be interested by a solution too.
One should be able to choose after how many minutes the screensaver replaces the photos displayed by the "Artist Slideshow" plugin...
Does this depend on Kodi or on the "Artist Slideshow" plugin?
(2015-08-12, 01:16)grendizer Wrote: [ -> ]I would be interested by a solution too.
One should be able to choose after how many minutes the screensaver replaces the photos displayed by the "Artist Slideshow" plugin...
Does this depend on Kodi or on the "Artist Slideshow" plugin?

In my skin I wanted the screeensaver available everywhere but when playing music fullscreen so I added an option to hide the visualization behind the fanart and then you just enable the Kodi "Use visualization if playing audio" setting and the screensaver should never activate.
As long as music is playing, screensaver shouldn't kick in. So sounds like a bug to me.
Thanks guys but the problem is that the Artist Slideshow plugin IS NOT a screensaver...
So how do I add the option to hide the visualization behind the fanart ?
Yes it is true, as long as music is playing, the screensaver should not kick in... strange!
(2015-08-16, 00:32)grendizer Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys but the problem is that the Artist Slideshow plugin IS NOT a screensaver...
So how do I add the option to hide the visualization behind the fanart ?
Yes it is true, as long as music is playing, the screensaver should not kick in... strange!

Try my skin out and see if it works for you cause it will do what you want if you activate the setting.

The other side of this is:
What about those that want the screensaver to kick in during music playback and still have access to artist slideshow?
They would not be able to use it that way...

It is hard to see this as a bug cause it functions correctly in terms of saving a screen from things like burn-in, which is IMHO the purpose of a screensaver.
Pages: 1 2