Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Urgent Help Required
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am running xbmc eden beta 3 everything was fine until today. The problem I am having is the sytems is switching its self off less than 5 minutes after boot I suspect its to do with this:

Quote:14:34:30 T:9895360 ERROR: XLCDproc::Connect - Unable to connect to host, LCDd not running?
14:34:30 T:9895360 ERROR: XLCDproc::Initialize - Connect failed. Giving up.

I found the above information at the very bottom of the crash log can anyone give me any info on how I can resolve this.

Many thanks
Need details. The more details the better. What OS are you using this on? Has XBMC ever worked on this computer (as in, is this a new problem)? is this a totally fresh install?

Also, need debug log (wiki)
I think you have other issues... Do you see a home page after launch?

More specifics... that a proper debug would provide, posted on pastebin.com
how can you run rc3 if it isn´t even out yet?
(2012-03-18, 17:00)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Need details. The more details the better. What OS are you using this on? Has XBMC ever worked on this computer (as in, is this a new problem)? is this a totally fresh install?

Also, need debug log (wiki)

system info "build:11.0-BETA3"

Yeah as I said everything was running fine until today the only changes I made was installing utorrent I ran "sudo apt-get install lcdproc" so far its not crashed think this may have resolved my problem if not I will post debug log

(2012-03-18, 17:00)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]I think you have other issues... Do you see a home page after launch?

More specifics... that a proper debug would provide, posted on pastebin.com

Everyting loads up and looks normal i will post debug if error occurs again
(2012-03-18, 17:04)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]how can you run rc3 if it isn´t even out yet?

system info "build:11.0-BETA3"
beta3 is not rc3..
Ok its not automatically switching off anymore but when transfering a movie from xbmc using sftp to my laptop its fails and causes xbmc to freeze the transfer also fails.

this error also seems to have just started today and as i am writing this xbmc has just crashed so orginal problem still there

find the log here http://pastebin.com/QRWXhxSx
first of all you should update when you have problems with development builds. rc2 is out.
xbmc has got nothing to do with your sftp transfers, other software is responsible for this.
so it´s very likely that your errors aren´t xbmc related (that also explains why it worked before)
Are you using XBMC Live (aka XBMCbuntu)?
(2012-03-18, 17:38)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using XBMC Live (aka XBMCbuntu)?

Yeah I am
(2012-03-18, 17:34)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]first of all you should update when you have problems with development builds. rc2 is out.
xbmc has got nothing to do with your sftp transfers, other software is responsible for this.
so it´s very likely that your errors aren´t xbmc related (that also explains why it worked before)

I thought what I had was the latest can I update from the sytem or do I need to do fresh install
sudo apt-get install xbmc should do the trick in terminal
(2012-03-18, 18:04)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: [ -> ]sudo apt-get install xbmc should do the trick in terminal

Just tried it got message "xbmc is already the newest version.
"
is there a way to rebuild the system files without fresh install I cant upgrade as I am running the lastest build for xbmcbuntu
go to system--system info it will list your build there, what do you have listed?

system info "build:11.0-BETA3" it does not matter now I have just decided to install fresh windows as much as I hate windows but if it means I can always have the latest version of xbmc then I supose it worth it
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

pulled form here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins..._for_Linux

did that with mine to install the unstable ppa works like a charm no need to go with windows

then all you would need to do to upgrade would be the command i mentioned earler

sudo apt-get install xbmc
Pages: 1 2