Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCbuntu install issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I downloaded the 11.0 image and burned to disc. When I get to the install screen there is so much over scan I cant see the bottom of the screen. So basically I cant get to continue. Any ideas on how to fix this??

I'm trying to install on a Acer Revo 1600 connected to a 32" LCD via HDMI.

Thanks
Yeah, it is a bit strange...you have to get to the right menu by pressing enter at the start up screen and then select install xbmc with fixed dpi.
(strange in the way that there is another menu without this option and you have to know what dpi is)
I think the 120x120 install option sorts this out
However, I've got through this and installed but every video I fire up reboots the program... still a bit buggy me thinks... revo 3610 ION was working fine on all previous versions inc. openelec etc.
I get the install or try Ubuntu screen before this. This screen I get after hitting install.

What is this 120x120 install option?
Right click top left corner. Select move window. You should be able to drag the window upp and to the left just enought to click ok. I had the same issue on a hd ready tv 720P. Suprised it made it to the final build.
I have a similar issue with the installer, the text is so small I cannot read it. It seems the installer doesn't scale well with my setup :/ Works fine with Dharma installer.

Here is a picture, bad quality but you can see my problem I guess.

http://galskap.org/xbmceden.jpg
Same size problem here. I can barely read "try ubuntu" and "install ubuntu" but everything else is too small. Kinda hard to install it when I need to guess every bit of text...
Any idea to fix this?
Nevermind. Just fix it with 120x120 install option. Hit enter when 2 icons are shown at the bottom of the screen during the start up be able to select it.
(2012-03-25, 16:20)Definol Wrote: [ -> ]Same size problem here. I can barely read "try ubuntu" and "install ubuntu" but everything else is too small. Kinda hard to install it when I need to guess every bit of text...
Any idea to fix this?
Nevermind. Just fix it with 120x120 install option. Hit enter when 2 icons are shown at the bottom of the screen during the start up be able to select it.

I'll try the 120x120 quickfix , thanks for the tip!
(2012-03-25, 14:55)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: [ -> ]I get the install or try Ubuntu screen before this. This screen I get after hitting install.

Yes, that is I mean with strange, there is two paths to get to the installation....I am not 100% sure but I think if you click anything else than enter at the first screen with a keyboard and a strawman you the wrong one. Try again and you should get a list with more options in.
This one is gona be a trainwreck in the forum for the coming year :S

(2012-03-25, 17:50)vikjon0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-25, 14:55)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: [ -> ]I get the install or try Ubuntu screen before this. This screen I get after hitting install.

Yes, that is I mean with strange, there is two paths to get to the installation....I am not 100% sure but I think if you click anything else than enter at the first screen with a keyboard and a strawman you the wrong one. Try again and you should get a list with more options in.

The 120 install method worked. Thanks guys!

Now I need to figure out how not to have the GRUB screen there every time I boot.
shame you cannot install without a mouse - the previous installer worked fine using only a keyboard and TAB to each field.
Would quite like a fully text based installer.
(2012-03-25, 17:50)vikjon0 Wrote: [ -> ]

As said above, the 120x120 install option works flawlessly =)
How can we sort this small text issue? I can't even install !!! With this small text....
(2012-03-25, 21:37)digzz Wrote: [ -> ]How can we sort this small text issue? I can't even install !!! With this small text....

When booting, press enter when the two icons show up at the bottom of the screen, then choose 120x120pixel installation choice.
Pages: 1 2 3