Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Use fullscreen rather than true fullscreen"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when non selecting this option this is how all my videos play, any ideas?im on Eden
If you configure W7 to recommended resolution and configure XBMC as shown in my screen shot below, it should playback in fullscreen....

@bluray - that's what he said caused the problem...

@gui - not sure why you'd want windowed fullscreen? true fullscreen is preferred for performance
@DDDamian i know the true fullscreen is preferred .
the problem is only with HD video files,and the only way to play them in full screen is having to select the "use a fullscreen window" option.

@bluray ,windows is using the preferred resolution and problem still there.

@Eldesi , this is what in ur link

"Problems with ghosting or videos which are only played back in the left upper quarter? The following ATI hack may solve it."
<glrectanglehack>yes</glrectanglehack>
how this line should be written in the advancedsettings.xml Huh

thanx
can anyone help with this problem ?
thanx
(2012-05-09, 04:32)gui Wrote: [ -> ]can anyone help with this problem ?
thanx

Have you tried this:

Video plays in half/a quarter of the screen:
This happens for certain settings with nVidia graphics cards/integrated chipsets and hardware decoding. To fix this, go in the 3D settings of the nVidia Control panel and stop forcing antialiasing to be used (set "Antialiasing - Mode" to Application-controlled or Off). To avoid changing the setting globally and to preserve it for other applications, you can alternatively create a program profile for XBMC and only disable antialiasing in that profile.