Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: video database problems / how to rebuild
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm recently having the problem that XBMC loses the video library. That is, I'll start XBMC and there will be no items in the video library. I then rescrape all my media and it will be fine for a few days but then I'll lose everything again. It only loses the video library; the music library is fine. I'm running Eden under Windows 7; the database is stored locally and not shared with any other users.

My sources are all still there (i.e., if I go into videos/files there is a list of directories) but if I bring up the context menu for one of the directories there is no content set (i.e., I get the option to set content). As said, I then have to go through each directory and reset the content accordingly and rescrape.

I'm guessing I need to rebuild the video database. Is it enough to delete myvideos60.db from userdata/datatbase or are there other files I need to delete?

I realise I can backup and restore but that doesn't resolve the underlying problem.

Here's my advanced settings in case it matters. I previously had cleanonupdate set to true but just changed it.
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videolibrary>
       <cleanonupdate>false</cleanonupdate>  <!-- default set to false to prevent xbmc from removing items from the database while updating.  -->
       <hideallitems>true</hideallitems>  <!-- removes the "*All" items from the video library -->
       <hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>  <!-- hide empty series in the video library -->
       <hiderecentlyaddeditems>false</hiderecentlyaddeditems>  <!-- removes the "Recently added ..." items from the video library. -->
       <recentlyaddeditems>35</recentlyaddeditems> <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->
       <flattentvshows>1</flattentvshows> <!-- Flatten TV show seasons, 0=never 1=if one season (default) 2=all -->
       <flattenmoviesets>true</flattenmoviesets> <!-- Flatten movie sets: if true, show all movies inline, false (default) shows sets in movie listings -->
       </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
Quote:I previously had cleanonupdate set to true

That'll be it - your network likely isn't up/connected when the initial update on startup you have set runs, thus it cleans it all out.