Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Running emulators on Dual Screen XBMC headaches!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I have been at this for days trying to setup Advanced Game Launcher and some emulators........ Basically my pc is on all the time the xbmc is always on on my Secondary Display (sony TV) thats fine, but when I launch an emulator fullscreen like Fusion it goes to screen #1 fullscreen, any ideas on how to make it launch fullscreen on display 2 (Sony TV)......... and should the audio go over that display once it does?
You are under Windows, Linux, Mac ?
Windows
(2012-04-09, 20:22)Negativecreep0 Wrote: [ -> ]Windows
You can use the command line application Display Changer (http://12noon.com/?page_id=80). With it you will be able to specify which monitor to operate on before starting an application.
Is it possible for you to post a sample batch file that will swap displays.... switch default audio devices..... run fusion.exe.... Then return to previous default audio and former displays? I can fill in my display properties and audio devices names.. Thanks for all the help.... I never did batch files before not sure of syntaxes and if they auto return to states before batch files were run.....
I do not have dual displays so it will be hard for me to write you a script that will works on your system at 100%. The .bat script could be like this one :

Quote:dccmd.exe -monitor="NAME OF YOUR 2nd DISPLAY" -width=1024 -height=768
C:\Program Files\Fusion\Fusion.exe %1
dccmd.exe -monitor="NAME OF YOUR 1st DISPLAY" -width=1024 -height=768

On the first line you select your second display as the active one. Then you start fusion (2nd line). Finally when Fusion is closed, you return back to the first display (where is runnig XBMC). Name this script launcher-fusion.bat. Save it into Fusion directory and select it, instead on Fusion.exe into the corresponding files launcher advanced options.

Concerning your audio switch you could try the Quick Sound Switch application. It seems to be free and support command line. If it do the job, your script could become like this :

Quote:dccmd.exe -monitor="NAME OF YOUR 2nd DISPLAY" -width=1024 -height=768
QuickSoundSwitch.exe D=SOUND DEVICE 2
C:\Program Files\Fusion\Fusion.exe %1
dccmd.exe -monitor="NAME OF YOUR 1st DISPLAY" -width=1024 -height=768
QuickSoundSwitch.exe D=SOUND DEVICE 1