Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Update Progress?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there some sort of central list we can look at to see who's actually updated or updating their addons? Every time XBMC does an update fancy enough to have a subtitle, damn near everything stops working even though they seemingly had a year or more to make sure that didn't happen.

Upgrade to Eden, lose anything outside of core functionality, revert to the previous version, lose air play (though I never even found the option to do it so whatever) and everything magically works again

Damn near everything outside of a content scraper returns a 'script failed' error that becomes oh so familiar in every major release.

Anyway, I'm not interested in troubleshooting since it's a waste of time. I'm just interested in seeing if there's any particular place to look for compatibility lists or if there's a master list of 'things that actually work inside Eden'. Otherwise I'll just give it another test in a few months and if things still aren't working without any effort on my part I'll just stick with the previous version because everything works with it.
Everything available in the add-on browser in XBMC should be compatible, if its not you need to report it. If you want to browse the repo outside of XBMC you can look at the online repo - http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/

As for add-ons not being maintained / updated / compatible, theres not much we can don about that. Add-ons are typically not maintained by the Team - if they need updating you need to chase the authors of the add-on.

As for comments like, "I'm not interested in troubleshooting since it's a waste of time" and "if things still aren't working without any effort on my part ", its not surprising some add-on authors lose interest in maintaining the add-ons they put so much hard work into.