Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Str object has no nattribute hexdigest - anybody?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just installed xbmcbuntu eden 11 and have a big problem with XBMC Subtitles addon. I cannot download subtitles from napiprojekt.pl due to error "hexdigest". My movies are located on NAS, there was no problem on Dharma. Is this a problem with python, addon or i have to change some rights to my network shares?

Did anybody experience the same error? I really do not know how to fix this...

LOG:

16:50:45 T:2843732848 ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 552, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/home/haken/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/lib/services/Napiprojekt/service.py", line 33, in run
self.result = func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/home/haken/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/lib/services/Napiprojekt/service.py", line 47, in set_filehash
d.update(open(path,"rb").read(10485760))
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'smb://haken:56677@QNAP2/Public/Filmy/Avatar/Avatar Extended Collectors Edition.mp4'
16:50:49 T:6186768 ERROR: Control 120 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
16:51:29 T:2930318192 ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-2:
self.run()
File "/home/haken/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/lib/services/Napiprojekt/service.py", line 33, in run
File "/home/haken/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/lib/services/Napiprojekt/service.py", line 47, in set_filehash
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'smb://haken:567896@QNAP2/Public/Filmy/Avatar/Avatar Extended Collectors Edition.mp4'
16:51:30 T:6186768 ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /home/haken/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles
16:51:50 T:157518704 NOTICE: Closing subtitle stream
(2012-04-11, 16:19)haken Wrote: [ -> ]I have just installed xbmcbuntu eden 11 and have a big problem with XBMC Subtitles addon. I cannot download subtitles from napiprojekt.pl due to error "hexdigest". My movies are located on NAS, there was no problem on Dharma. Is this a problem with python, addon or i have to change some rights to my network shares?

Did anybody experience the same error? I really do not know how to fix this...

LOG:

16:50:45 T:2843732848 ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
self.run()
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'smb://haken:56677@QNAP2/Public/Filmy/Avatar/Avatar Extended Collectors Edition.mp4'
16:50:49 T:6186768 ERROR: Control 120 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
16:51:29 T:2930318192 ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-2:
self.run()
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'smb://haken:567896@QNAP2/Public/Filmy/Avatar/Avatar Extended Collectors Edition.mp4'
16:51:30 T:6186768 ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /home/haken/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles
16:51:50 T:157518704 NOTICE: Closing subtitle stream

its a known issue, Napiprojekt needs to read the file and it cant to that via SMB/NFS/AFP ... it will only work on local files.

nothing we can do about it, its XBMC core limitation, xbmcvfs needs to be extended to open/read... etc
Thanks for response!
I thought it was possible because it worked on XBMCLive with Dharma (with smb stored files)
I have managed to overcome the problem by mounting smb share in XBMCBUNTU to local folder - now Napiprojekt sees smb files like local ones and everything seems to work okWink
yes, it was possible in Dharma but since then we moved python to external we lost the ability to open/read/write SMB/NFS/AFP files
Hello

I have a similar problem but there are two "but`s"

1. All my file are on local drive
2. I`m running openelec Current Release: 2.0.0 (2.0 Final) based on XBMC-Eden with PVR

The reason why I cant get subtitles is Openelec?
When I have files on local drive the when I would have XBMC that it would work?
nobody can help ?