Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Debugging/skinning aid for any skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Debugging/skinning aid for any skin

Frodo download link

Gotham download link

Code:
Set-up

- Place Custom_Overlay.xml in your skin's XML folder (ie 720p, 1080i, etc)
- Place the relevant debuggrid PNG in the skin's root folder and change the Custom_Overlay.xml debug grid controls if neccessary
- Place the keymap.xml in your /userdata/keymaps folder (or add the actions to your current one)

Usage

F6 - enable/disable the debug grid
F7 - enable/disable debug info

Debug info

Left -
Current Window ID (BLUE)
Any active Dialogs (RED)

Right -
Current Control (BLUE)
Current Container's name (GREEN) - Current Container's path (RED)

Debug Info 720p

Debug Info 1080p

Debug grid 720p

Debug grid 1080p

Hope it helps.
thx. better to have it in an overlay than having includes in all windows.
Thanks Hitcher, this is fantastic and means I no longer have to keep switching back and fourth between foundation!
life saver, I give you the highest of fives!
you are the man, thx this is very handy, im using foundation already to build my skin and is very solid.
well done.
Thanks Hitcher but where do you create /userdata/keymaps folder?
I created this here "skin.myskin/userdata/keymaps" and copied your keymap.xml in to it but it did not work ,
then I just added two lines from your keymap.xml to
xbmc-11.0/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml

and it worked but I want some keys to work in my skin only so where may I define those key actions?

Thanks again for Help.
you put it in your normal userdata folder. %appdata%/xbmc/userdata on windows, ~/.xbmc/userdata on linux, /Application Data/XBMC/userdata or thereabout on osx.
That means we can not define some keys which will work only with our skin....?

Thanks.
No, you can't.
Hope you guys (black and Jezz) did't mind me using your skins to illustrate how it works.
Great! That will help me for sure Smile
(2012-04-17, 15:59)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Hope you guys (black and Jezz) did't mind me using your skins to illustrate how it works.

lol of course not Smile
Is there a updated version of this aid that works with the PVR screens? I get nothing when one of those screens are open, like MyPVR.xml screen, or am i doing something wrong?
(2012-09-09, 00:29)raptorjr Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a updated version of this aid that works with the PVR screens? I get nothing when one of those screens are open, like MyPVR.xml screen, or am i doing something wrong?

I'll get on it soon.
Pages: 1 2 3