Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX]No touchscreen in xbmcbuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may be a somewhat easy fix but I can't find it here and my brain is fried from trying to just get the touchscreen working in the first place. This is a new install of xbmcbuntu (onieric?) on a MSI all in one WindTop model AE 1900. The touch device is detected as two IDEACOM IDC 6680 id=9 and id=10. Apparently device 9 is my touchscreen since that's the only time I got a response from my tinkering with
Code:
sudo xinput set-int-prop 9 "Evdev Axis Calibration" 32 870 7280 1230 7100
. First I did
Code:
sudo xinput set-int-prop 9 Evdev Axis Inversion" 8 1 1
since the screen registered events on the opposite side of wherever I touched. I managed to get the right settings while in openbox and put the pertinent lines in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf and it works perfectly at boot but when I go into xbmc there is no input from the touchscreen. Doesn't xbmc use /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d?
There must be someone who has an idea about where XBMCbuntu gets it's info for X... no?
Does xbmcbuntu even use X? Or is it some SDL thing? Or...?
I have "Enable mouse and Touch Screen support" set to *on* in System > Settings yet, no joy. :-(

Seeing this post unanswered isn't exactly hope inspiring.
Well, I found a thread, though rather old, that describes a fix for this. I just need to figure out how to make this run when xbmc starts... I guess.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89536
I got it to work by adding the line from that thread
Code:
export SDL_MOUSE_RELATIVE=0
to /usr/bin/xbmc . However, I was warned by the kindly folks in #xbmc-linux that there is a problem in that this file will be overwritten on updates. They advised to copy it to /usr/local/bin which I did.

For the curious (and maybe me if I have to do this again), initially the touch screen was all out of whack upside down and backwards. I got the touchscreen working in openbox (regular X) by adding this stanza at the top of /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf

Code:
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "IDEACO Touchscreen"
        MatchIsTablet "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "evtouch"
        Option "reportingmode" "raw"
        Option "taptimer" "50"
        Option "longtouchtimer" "30"
        Option "Calibration" "870 7280 1230 7100"
        Option "GrabDevice" "True"
        Option "Emulate3Buttons" "False"
        Option "SendDragEvents" "False"
        Option "InvertX" "True"
        Option "Inverty" "True"
EndSection

I also added this bit at the bottom but I'm not sure I needed it:
Code:
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "evdev touchscreen catchall"
        MatchIsTouchscreen "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "evdev"
        Option "Calibration" "870 7280 1230 7100"
EndSection

The machine is an MSI All In One AE1900-B, Atom 330, Intel graphics, IDEACOM touch device.
Just for your info. With me the "trick" with the SDL_MOUSE_RELATIVE export does not work with a EETI based touch screens. Been searching for a solution now for almost a year...

Looks like I need a crash course in coding and dig into the core code of XBMC...

Honestly: this kind of issues that get no solution is where non-open source products win upon.