Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Confused about DVD metadata
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been struggling to find an answer as to how DVD metadata should be stored locally for DVD movies. My DVD file structure looks like this:
movies/Jaws/video_ts (I currently have MediaBrowser metadata stored in the "Jaws" folder)

When I use Media Center Master, or Ember Media Manager, to retrieve XBMC metadata it stores in the "video_ts" folder. I don't think this is right, because when I change the artwork and refresh the movie in XBMC the thumbnail doesn't refresh. But when I change the MediaBrowser artwork (folder.jpg in the "Jaws" folder) the thumbnail changes.

Should the XBMC metadata for DVDs be stored in the parent folder or in the video_ts folder?
Parent.
Then why in the heck are programs like MCM and EmberMM putting the media in the Video_TS folder. Makes no sense.
After hours of messing with it I can't seem to be able to get it right. Does anyone know how to get xbmc metadata to stay in the parent folder?
I've used Media Companion for a while now, and for DVD's, if I have the vobs etc in the parent folder, ie:
Z:\Movies\Puss In Boots\
or in
Z:\Movies\Puss In Boots\VIDEO_TS\

the folder.jpg, nfo and -fanart are always placed with the vob files.

I believe the rule is to have the meta-data with the video files. I can't see XBMC finding the vob files in \VIDEO_TS, if the nfo etc is only in \Puss In Boots\

I mean, if you have avi files, the nfo is with the avi file, whether they are all stored in a root folder or in individual folders for each movie.

Lastly, any updating you do to meta-data, posters etc, after the movies is already been added to XBMC, I recommend removing the movie from you library, and then doing a library update. Easiest and quickest error proof way IMO.

My two cents.

PS, Media Companion has been greatly improved and hasn't seen me wrong yet.