Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MCE Keymapping question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've been working at what is seemingly a simple problem for hours, and I'm sure I'm doing something stupid here...

All I want to do is map a button on my MCE remote (green) to toggle between showing and hiding the movies I've watched.

I've configured every other keypress without a problem, using eventghost. The problem I've got here is that showing/hiding watched movies is not a default action it seems.

What I've managed to do is:
-find out what action I need: Sendclick(14)
edit my keyboard.xml and map this action to a keypress: <j>Sendclick(14)<j>

This works find when I press the j key on my keyboard, but I can't get this working for my MCE remote. There's no obvious way to do it in Eventghost, so I tried using keyboard.xml again, example below. This does nothing at all.

Code:
<!--Template XBMC keyboard file-->
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
    <remote>
      <green>Sendclick(14)</green>
    </remote>

</global>
</keymap>
[/code]

Can anyone please take a look at let me know where I'm going wrong? I'm sure it's obvious, but I really can't see it!

Thanks

I've read through many guides, including this one here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...yboard.xml

I totally understand the example, and I know how to modify that to my needs (I can change the example so a key I choose (e.g. 'j') performs the action I want (e.g. Sendclick(14)), but what I can't work out is how then to map it back to my remote (so when I press the green button on the remote that translates to a 'j' keypress, which then sends a sendclick action).

Again, I'm sure I'm missing a fundamental concept, but after hours of reading I can't figure out what!

Any help would be appreciated.
I've tried this and it works for me. (<red>SendClick(14)</red>)

Are you editing remote.xml?
Erm... there's a remote.xml?! I've been editing keyboard.xml!

Hmmm... still not working. I've created a remote.xml in the same directory as keyboard.xml and this is the contents:

<!--Template XBMC keyboard file-->
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<yellow>Sendclick(14)</yellow>
</keyboard>
<remote>
<green>Sendclick(14)</green>
</remote>

</global>
</keymap>

I included the sendclick command with both the remote and keyboard tags as I wasn't sure which would work, and neither does. Any advice?
It should still be keyboard.xml just denoted (as above) as <remote> or <keyboard>, are you putting the file in the correct path? Are you talking about the green button or the orb (windows) button, does Event Ghost register the green key press? If you are using Event Ghost, you will want to have it send j not green, XBMC won't know what green is.

Try this:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keybaord>
      <j>Sendclick(14)</j>
    <keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

Have EG translate green to j. That SHOULD work.

Hope that helps!
Remove all .xml files from the path, grab the default keymap (remote.xml) from:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/Eden/system/keymaps
and change: <green>SendClick(14)</green> only, restart and try again.

If that still doesn't work you should provide a bit more information, such as:

-are you on linux or something else?
-os/xbmc version
-in which location are you placing the .xml
etc.
My guess is he is on Windows as he is using Event Ghost, Event Ghost reads the incoming signal from the remote and then send a command or key to XBMC that it recognizes.

Could you put your EG config somewhere so I can take a look at it?

Thanks,
Reg