Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AMD A Series - GPU differences?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm about to build a new system but the info on the embedded GPUs is lacking.

Does anyone have any good info on the differences between them specific for HTPC use... post processing, etc (ie. using the features in the AMD drivers)

thx!
(2012-05-03, 01:12)Livin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm about to build a new system but the info on the embedded GPUs is lacking.

Does anyone have any good info on the differences between them specific for HTPC use... post processing, etc (ie. using the features in the AMD drivers)

thx!
What are you trying to achieve?

i dont think so
I want to be able to use the AMD driver's post-processing options. Wit my current HD6450 can handle VERY little post processing on 480/720 material and zero post-processing on 1080i.
(2012-05-03, 02:29)Livin Wrote: [ -> ]I want to be able to use the AMD driver's post-processing options. Wit my current HD6450 can handle VERY little post processing on 480/720 material and zero post-processing on 1080i.
Since HD6550D in the high-end A8 have very similar spec as your HD6450, APU might not be for you either.....

Might want to wait for AMD Trinity processors if you want integrated graphics....supposedly they are much more (50%) robust than the Llano processors.

Otherwise pop in a Nvidia GT430 and disable the onboard AMD graphics.