Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Party Mode track info?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Just started using party mode which I think is great, but is there anyway to enable the track info to show all the time over the visulization?

Many thanks

Nige.
The file that needs editing is MusicVisualisation.xml. In the Confluence (and vertical Confluence) skin, edit line 16:

Code:
<visible>[Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(MusicOSD)] + ![Window.IsVisible(AddonSettings) | Window.IsVisible(SelectDialog) | Window.IsVisible(VisualisationPresetList)]</visible>

To:
Code:
<visible>![Window.IsVisible(AddonSettings) | Window.IsVisible(SelectDialog) | Window.IsVisible(VisualisationPresetList)]</visible>

It is better to leave the original code in place, and comment it out, with an added line below. Change line 16 to the following:

Code:
<!--visible>[Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(MusicOSD)] + ![Window.IsVisible(AddonSettings) | Window.IsVisible(SelectDialog) | Window.IsVisible(VisualisationPresetList)]</visible-->
<visible>![Window.IsVisible(AddonSettings) | Window.IsVisible(SelectDialog) | Window.IsVisible(VisualisationPresetList)]</visible>
Many thanks for your reply Smile

At the moment I am using the Aeon Nox skin, will this work with this skin?

Regards

Nige.
Thank you sho; I'm sure I had tried that setting in Camelot, and it wouldn't work, hence the skin edit. I continued with the edits through Dharma to Eden. I have just tried the advancedsettings setting in Eden, and it works as it should.
This has worked for me since the dawn of time (or XBMC... whatever) and is skin agnostic.
I tried sho's suggestion but this did not work for me, coverart showed for around 5 mins then trackinfo for default 10 seconds even though I set it to "0" Indefinite.

Would also like to disable the coverart from showing for the first 5 mins if this is possible?
Any ideas ?

This is how my advancedsettings.xml file looks, have I missed anything?

I have tried different times but still doesn't make any difference Sad

<advancedsettings>
<songinfoduration>240</songinfoduration>
</advancedsettings>
I have just tried this again with a clean skin, having deleted the guisettings.xml file, and I don't know what value to give.
As I said in an earlier post above I could not get this to work, hence the skin edits.
sho - what value do you use?
I checked my advancedsettings from the Live environment yesterday and it seems I at some time swtiched to 10 sec.
If this is not working (0) I suggest you submit a ticket track since it's a bug (regression). If I remember I will test tonight.
I tested on Eden, 0 only resulted in the 10 sec default it seems.
Got mine working with value set at 240 cannot get it to work with 0.

I had my advancedsettings.xml in the wrong folder,

I had placed it in

c:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\Userdata instead of

c:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
After talking to the devs, apparently this functionality was removed (0) at some time as it conflicted with the toggle nature of the song info.