Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mini-ITX HTPC cases and picoPSU mounting plates.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I wanted to introduce myself so I hope it's ok to start this thread. I've been an avid HTPCer for a long time starting with XBMC and W7MC. I really enjoy the hobby, especially the hardware aspects and helping folks out. I figure if I've gone through the pain and I can help someone avoid the same pain I am doing a good thing.

I've been doing PCs and HTPCs a long time and had an opportunity recently to import some cool stuff from China that I wanted to play with and see if other people like it too -- which from talking to people for years seemed like they would. I got really frustrated by the lack of good HTPC mini-ITX cases in the USA so I took matters into my own hands, found some cool HTPC cases, got in touch with manufacturers in China and got a carton of this and that. I even got to help make some design tweaks to one case I think HTPCers would like including myself. I also thought it'd be fun to play with an online store, ebay and stuff like that too.

I also make the plates for mounting picoPSUs in a regular ATX or SFX PSU opening. It was kind of the same thing. I wanted to use a picoPSU with a PC-Q07. I couldn't find a mounting plate. So I designed one and blogged about it. Suddenly people wanted one too. So I made more and now I've sent them from Australia to Norway and helped out some fellow HTPCers.

For some reason, I really like small HTPCs. I find them very elegant. It seems here that people also like small HTPCs. I think it's the nature of XBMC and Linux and HTPC too -- low power, cool running, good looking.

I am not a big reseller or dealer. I am more into this for the hobby. If something I have solves a need for someone I'll mention one of the cases or plates I have available if that's ok. If what I have doesn't meet the need, well I've built a lot of other HTPCs from ATX to mini-ITX, from Antec to Lian-Li so I will mention those too. It's not about me making money and pushing product. I would never push something or suggest something that would not work for what someone needed. That would go against why I am here and why I stay up too late reading, blogging and foruming(?) about HTPCs.

If you guys don't mind, my website is http://www.ecosmartpc.com and my blog is http://outsidethestb.blogspot.com.

I am interested in any feedback and suggestions.

Thanks!
Doug
tis site looks familiar, wasnt there someone recently introducing themselves with these exact same products.
I think that thread was a little more forward than my introduction Smile but it was for a different site with different stuff. I don't have any coupons Smile.
im sorry that was another poster. Ive been to this sire berfore though and i do love your cases
Thanx Dougie Fresh
Beer40oz, love your A6-Pack build. Way to go big and go small at the same time. That's the spirit Smile
(2012-05-10, 06:35)Dougie Fresh Wrote: [ -> ]Beer40oz, love your A6-Pack build. Way to go big and go small at the same time. That's the spirit Smile

Hey thank you....

If you been fallowing my thread..... I been having some problems after 3 weeks....

well.... I will find out why its Shutting off on me....

so all the people here who copy me don't stress out to fix it.

Doing this for me and for the community too....

Big Grin

It has been a big hobby for me too....

I have another build up my sleeve.....

My PS3 (fat) died on me......

Guess what will become an HTPC .......

(2012-05-10, 07:23)Beer40oz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-10, 06:35)Dougie Fresh Wrote: [ -> ]Beer40oz, love your A6-Pack build. Way to go big and go small at the same time. That's the spirit Smile

Hey thank you....

If you been fallowing my thread..... I been having some problems after 3 weeks....

well.... I will find out why its Shutting off on me....

so all the people here who copy me don't stress out to fix it.

Doing this for me and for the community too....

Big Grin

It has been a big hobby for me too....

I have another build up my sleeve.....

My PS3 (fat) died on me......

Guess what will become an HTPC .......

you need to share
Long time lurker and first time poster.

After seeing this thread I felt compelled to post. I just bought a plate off Dougie today for an MI-008 build I am about to do (shame Antec's are too hard to come by in Australia) and I found him to be nothing short of professional. After making the wrong choice on plate (ordered a 2.5mm instead of the mini-din I need for a picoPSU), he happily opened the package that was all ready to be sent and changed it to suit my needs.

Thanks Dougie Big Grin
New Hampshire FTW!! Smile
Smile Thanks guys!
is there any chance of making a half size pci slot bracket to hold a picoPSU power connector? i contacted mini-box but they don't make one

basically this, but in half pci slot size: http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/it.A/id.438/.f
(2012-05-10, 17:38)OopsAllBerrys Wrote: [ -> ]is there any chance of making a half size pci slot bracket to hold a picoPSU power connector? i contacted mini-box but they don't make one

basically this, but in half pci slot size: http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/it.A/id.438/.f

I could definitely do that. I was actually thinking about it this week. I have some half-height slot covers on order, coming Monday.

If you want to visit my site and drop me an email we can arrange it. Thanks!
(2012-05-10, 20:37)Dougie Fresh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-10, 17:38)OopsAllBerrys Wrote: [ -> ]is there any chance of making a half size pci slot bracket to hold a picoPSU power connector? i contacted mini-box but they don't make one

I could definitely do that. I was actually thinking about it this week. I have some half-height slot covers on order, coming Monday.

If you want to visit my site and drop me an email we can arrange it. Thanks!

Or one that will fit this.

yup thats what i need, a half height pci slot cover with a spot for that adapter. email sent to Dougie.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5