Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Start Menu/Submenus Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love this skin (Aeon NOX). I also love the fact that I can extensively customize the Start menu and the submenus.

But here is a question:

I have an item I've named WATCH, which I created from a favorite menu (Video Add-ons). I have five submenus underneath: Live TV, Put.io, Netflix, Library (for my NAS video library) and Stream (for all the Video Add-ons).

The problem is that it is a bit counter-intuitive what happens when I click on WATCH: instead of opening a page showing what's in the submenus, it shows only the Video Add-ons (duh, because it's a favorite linked to them). But for users unfamiliar with the GUI, this is weird.

Is there a way to do custom menus, such as WATCH, LISTEN, etc., which will open the contents of the submenus when clicked on?

While I am at it, is there a way to add more than five submenus (in my case I'd want six, ideally, although this is less of a big deal)?
(2012-05-14, 03:33)Zellig Wrote: [ -> ]I love this skin (Aeon NOX). I also love the fact that I can extensively customize the Start menu and the submenus.

But here is a question:

I have an item I've named WATCH, which I created from a favorite menu (Video Add-ons). I have five submenus underneath: Live TV, Put.io, Netflix, Library (for my NAS video library) and Stream (for all the Video Add-ons).

The problem is that it is a bit counter-intuitive what happens when I click on WATCH: instead of opening a page showing what's in the submenus, it shows only the Video Add-ons (duh, because it's a favorite linked to them). But for users unfamiliar with the GUI, this is weird.

Is there a way to do custom menus, such as WATCH, LISTEN, etc., which will open the contents of the submenus when clicked on?

While I am at it, is there a way to add more than five submenus (in my case I'd want six, ideally, although this is less of a big deal)?

easily possible in aeon nox 3.0. choose "custom function" there as item type and type "Down" in the text box. if you donĀ“t use it yet, your installation will automatically update in some days.
Thanks,phil65! Now it's perfect.