Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: JX720 Mod - Gaming Edition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
See Below
wow probably I couldn't even take a guess at what version its definitely before any of the addon system was added so my guess would be the Atlantis version.
You could always try my newer version from within the addon system (ignore the download link its old) http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=88180 because someone also ported it too the xbox version http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/skins/jx-720
(2012-05-22, 06:51)Jezz_X Wrote: [ -> ]You could always try my newer version from within the addon system (ignore the download link its old) http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=88180 because someone also ported it too the xbox version http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/skins/jx-720

Actualy, I'm very interested in using your JX-720 skin for use with my emulators. I have already begun editing one of the list views to perfectly fit both my console images and game cover art on the screen.

However, I was wondering if you could give me some info on tweaking it further. There are two areas I'm struggling with:

1) Can you tell me where I can Edi the menu titles (IE: the names on the blades like "apps" and the word "Programs" in the top left portion of the screen in the Programs menu. I want this to reflect text in keeping with the emulator/rom menu I'm creating.

2) Also, I have the system set to start in the Programs menu. However, is there a way that, when I hit ht back button, the only two blades available are the "Programs" blade and the "Settings" blade?

Thanks for the info!
1) The Titles for the main windows are in each of the My*.xml file in a piece of code like this
PHP Code:
            <control type="label">
                <
description>Header label</description>
                <
posx>0</posx>
                <
label>$LOCALIZE[0]</label>
                <include>
HeaderTextCommons</include>
            </
control

for the actual main menu buttons they are in the files custom_AppsHome_1111.xml home.xml and settings.xml and in the code blocks that look like this
PHP Code:
                    <content>
                        <
item>
                            <
label>0</label>
                            <
onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,addons,return)</onclick>
                            <
icon>special://skin/button_icons/icon-apps.png</icon>

<thumb>-</thumb>
                            <
visible>!Skin.HasSetting(AppsBlade_HidePrograms)</visible>
                        </
item>
                        <
item>
                            <
label>31025</label>
                            <
onclick>ActivateWindow(AddonBrowser)</onclick>
                            <
icon>special://skin/button_icons/icon-addon.png</icon>

<thumb>-</thumb>
                            <
visible>!Skin.HasSetting(AppsBlade_HideAddons)</visible>
                        </
item>
                        <
item>
                            <
label>7</label>
                            <
onclick>ActivateWindow(Filemanager)</onclick>
                            <
icon>special://skin/button_icons/icon-xbmc.png</icon>

<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(AppsBlade_HideFilemanager)</visible>
                            <
thumb>-</thumb>
                        </
item>
                        <
item>
                            <
label>1036</label>
                            <
onclick>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</onclick>
                            <
icon>special://skin/button_icons/icon-favourites.png</icon>

<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(AppsBlade_HideFavourites)</visible>
                            <
thumb>-</thumb>
                        </
item>
                    </
content

2) not without a huge rewrite of all the code the animations and the "blades" sliding in and out id one complicated set of animation code and is basically the base of the whole skin you can't just remove one without basically re-writing the whole skin
Excellent! That was very helpful and I was able to make some progress towards the custom setup I'm looking for. However, I had just a few more questions regarding the previous post.

1) I was able to find most the labels I needed to change, however, I'm also trying to find the line in the MyPrograms.xml file that edits the bottom right hand corner info regarding the list that reads (1) Items - Page (1/1). What line can I edit in order to remove it from view?

2) As for the blades, let me clarify. I don't actually want to remove any blades. Isn't it possible to just remove part of the code in the required .xml file that would limit you from navigating left or right for example (meaning if I wanted to eliminated either scrolling motion to the left or the right and that would limit it to just the one blade)?

Thanks!
1) its all included in the line <include>AllViewCommonPageControls</include> line in MyPrograms.xml you can find the actual code for it in includes.xml
2) well stopping navigation is the basically changing the <onleft> <onright> of the same controls you edited above
Thanks! Adding REP+ right now!

I had another quick question in which I'm sure you could probably help as you seem to know this skin front and backwards (of course you would, you did design it after all).

Lets say I wanted to essentially turn the front Home Apps/Programs blade into a type of "List View." You have a list on the left side with the words "Programs", "Add-Ons", etc. What would be the easiest way to add a piece of code that would display a different icon in the empty space on the right hand side that corresponds to each button as I scroll down?

A good example of this is in your settings menu. You have custom text that appears on the right hand side that describes each different menu (Appearance, Video, Music, etc) and it chances according to which button you select as you scroll down.

I'd like to do this on the Home Apps/Programs blade, but with images on the right for each button instead of text.

Any thoughts?
Ok now we are getting a little more complicated Smile you need to start by adding stuff to the same place you changed the labels for example
PHP Code:
    <item>
        <
label>0</label>
        <
        <

<thumb>-</thumb>
        <
    </
item

Needs to have an extra line to each "item" for the image you want like this (and do the same for all of them) <property name="ListPoster">Path to your image</property>
PHP Code:
    <item>
        <
label>0</label>
        <
        <

<thumb>-</thumb>
        <
property name="ListPoster">Path to your image</property>
        <
    </
item

Then you make an new image control (in the right place outside of the the list control) and use for its texutre
PHP Code:
<texture>$INFO[Control(9000).Property(ListPoster)]</texture
Also if your going to make all these changes then I recommend you rename the skins folder and in the addon.xml in its root folder both "name" and "id" or next time I push an update to the main repo you will loose all your changes if you have auto update turned on
Indeed. This part is proving to be bit trickier, which I may need your expertise on a bit further. Here is an example of the original code we're working with from your skin:

PHP Code:
                        <item>
                            <
label>0</label>
                            <
                            <

<thumb>-</thumb>
                            <
                        </
item>
                    </
content>
                </
control>
            </
control>
            <include>
CommonDVDTray</include>
        </
control

Now, here is my modified code, with my changes:

PHP Code:
                        <item>
                            <
label>CONSOLE NINTENDO</label>
                            <
                            <

<thumb>-</thumb>
                            <
                            <
property name="ListPoster">special://skin/button_icons/nes.png</property>

</item>
                    </
content>
                </
control>
                <
control type="image">
                    <
description>NES TEST LOGO</description>
                    <
posx>0</posx>
                    <
posy>30</posy>
                    <
width>380</width>
                    <
height>70</height>
                    <
aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
                    <
texture>$INFO[Control(9000).Property(ListPoster)]</texture
                </
control>
            </
control>
            <include>
CommonDVDTray</include>
        </
control

You'll see I added a new image control outside the list control and added in the texture info within the "Item" group. I think I've pasted everything correctly but I still do not get the correct texture appearing as it would in a normal list view.

Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong?
UPDATE:

Well, I can say I've checked, rechecked and triple checked my work here and I still can't figure out why this isn't working. The code I've pasted should display a PNG image of an NES off to the right side when I highlight the first item in the list (and theoretically, as I scroll down the list, it would change to a different icon I would have assigned to those items). Essentially, acting exactly like your normal list view (with the text in the list on the left and a thumbnail image on the right for each item).

However, it just doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure why?