Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I want to build this fanless A6-Pack BAD!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really want to build this:

Case/PSU/Internal IR Reciever/(and no need for cpu cooler or any fans!) - $241- Streacom HTPC-FC8
CPU - $80 - AMD A6-3500
Memory - $29 - Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB
Motherboard - $150 - ASUS F1A75-I DELUXE
SSD - $0 - I Have one already

Total - $500

Somebody please stop me or my wife is going to kill me.
Do it... tell her it's for the good of man kind.... we are doing this for the earth!
(2012-05-23, 04:21)Queball Wrote: [ -> ]Case/PSU/Internal IR Reciever/(and no need for cpu cooler or any fans!) - $241- Streacom HTPC-FC8
Good looking case....!Nod

why not an A6-PACK like beer40's?
(2012-05-23, 04:44)eskro Wrote: [ -> ]why not an A6-PACK like beer40's?

This one will be fanless, can use a 2.5"SSD + a regular 3.5" HD (I use it for Live TV recordings - hopefully heat won't be an issue), and has a built in IR receiver. It costs about $100 more as is but I think I can shave a little off the cost of the motherboard once I confirm compatibility with the case (The Asus F1A75-I is confirmed to work by Streacom). This should bring down the cost differential to about $50-$60. Oh yeah, did I say it will be completely fanless/silent.Wink
Mine is silent.... FYI!!!

Can't hear it..... Smile

But yes Streacom HTPC-FC8 go for it!!!! what makes you happy!

It's what matters...

I don't think the A6-PACK is to this build..... make your own name Smile
(2012-05-23, 05:30)Beer40oz Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is silent.... FYI!!!

Can't hear it..... Smile

I "Hear" ya.Big Grin

Kidding aside, I need/want to be able to use a 2.5" + 3.5" drive. If not for that I would have a Beer A6-Pack clone!
Streacom HTPC-FC8-A6
LOL.... there is only one A6-PACK
(2012-05-23, 05:34)Beer40oz Wrote: [ -> ]Streacom HTPC-FC8-A6
LOL.... there is only one A6-PACK

I think there's more than one! You can claim responsibility for this on Newegg: ISK 300-65 - "Deactivated"

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6811129068

We'll probably see a new/replacement case called the A6-PackSmile

I don't think they know what hit them.
JAJA serious make your name....
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131088

He made it first.... there is your name....
(2012-05-23, 05:57)Beer40oz Wrote: [ -> ]JAJA serious make your name....

Thanks for the link. The temps he reports make me uncomfortable especially if I have a 3.5" HD in there. Also confirms that I would have to stick with the expensive MB. Hmmm, maybe an A6-Pack clone it will be.

Maybe the name should be "Nevermind"
(2012-05-23, 06:12)Queball Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-23, 05:57)Beer40oz Wrote: [ -> ]JAJA serious make your name....

Thanks for the link. The temps he reports make me uncomfortable especially if I have a 3.5" HD in there. Also confirms that I would have to stick with the expensive MB. Hmmm, maybe an A6-Pack clone it will be.

Maybe the name should be "Nevermind"

Yup I know the temps are high.... one day there will be technology that won't need any fans and temps will be low..... that is one day!

You can find the 300-65 on Ebay for $99 free ship.... crazy how much other retailers are charging... this was after my build.

Right now im in the process of getting a 300-150..... with an A8 for a desktop..... Smile
Beer, do you think there is any way to squeeze a 3.5" drive in you build? I'm not afraid of a case mod/Dremel surgery. I'm studying your thread as we speak.
I'm not sure.... if you can then you have to take the bracket off like I did and install the 3.5 on the bottom and the 2.5 on the top....

Why not use an external 3.5? they make the cases for them too....
hope u wont have problems with the built-in IR receiver.
im not sure it acts like a eHOME...
could be a pain to setup.
Pages: 1 2