Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PHP media manager?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys..

Now that I've moved all my movies from my windows machine, to my ubuntu server,
I'd like to manage them from there as well, but haven't seen any media manager for linux or crossplatform.

I've considered coding one in PHP. First of all for crossplatform and secondly to manage it over web because my server is headless.
What do you guys think of the idea of a media manager in PHP?

Also, seeing as a media manager would be considered backend, the frontend to this, could be a nice overview of all your movies to friends
and possibly also streaming. Thoughts?
I have, but there havent been any updates in 2 months, im not a big fan of CodeIgniter and I couldn't get the installer to work.

My plan was to use FuelPHP framework for flexibility and to utilize some of the power php5.3 offers
I'm probably going to write one in Rails at some point...
Screens of the current backend + concept for frontend can be seen at http://imgur.com/a/OQZqX#0
connors
have you considered integrating your efforts with Marachino?
I have, but I don't really have any experience with python yet - might take a class next semester.

Nothing would prevent you from running them in parallel though Smile
Hey connors....
Something like this would go great with the project hernandito and I are doing (a PHP Wrapper for quick access to all the standard HTPC Apps)... If you're interested shoot me a PM... and no worries, none of it is in Python Wink

You can check out the Beta Repo (most current) or the slightly older Stable Repo.
Been working a little on this between exams and isnt too far away from something I could replace my use of EMM with.

Currently the following is implemented
  • Validate nfo files against .xsd
  • Load info from XBMC nfo files validated against .xsd
  • Edit movies, actors, directors, producers, people and genres.
  • Define which scraper retrieves which fields with scraper groups
  • Define which scraper groups are used for which folders with sources
  • Continue browsing after starting a scrape using background workers
  • Export validated nfo files (UI almost finished)
  • Stream movies (currently working in FF and Chrome with VLC installed)
  • Different save locations for each type of file (fanart, thumb, subtitle, nfo, cover)
  • Basic frontend for cover view
  • Export movie lists; currently supporting all movies or movies missing chosen fields

The source can be found at https://github.com/connors511/PMM if anyone wants a peek
This is nice! As Livin said it would be great in Maraschino! I know this is already being worked on in there tho but not to directly edit the database. I believe the Frodo release will add API calls that will let you modify your media info...

Also, just out of curiosity, how are you streaming the videos?
Where do I pull up PMM?
I tried: myipaddress/pmm & hostname/pmm

Installation went fine here is how I did it on my server. Sorry I'm new to php5.3 and fuel php.

Installed mysql/php:
Code:
sudo apt-get install php5 php5-cli apache2 mysql-server phpmyadmin curl vim git-core

Added mysql database as need.

Installed fuelphp/oil
Code:
curl get.fuelphp.com/oil | sh

Source
Code:
git clone git://github.com/connors511/PMM.git
    cd pmm/
    git submod[/php]ule init
    git submodule update

z

Install refine
Code:
oil refine install
@gugahoi:
Right now, the movies are just being outputted to the browser and relies on a player to take over from there.

@tdhz77:
If you've pulled into your www folder, you can access the movie overview at /pmm/public/home and the admin panel at /pmm/public/admin
Hi Connors

i have nas4free installed and all i get when i try to load the index.php from public folder is:

Warning: require(/mnt/data/programs/web/manager/fuel/core/classes/autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/data/programs/web/manager/fuel/app/bootstrap.php on line 4 Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/mnt/data/programs/web/manager/fuel/core/classes/autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/etc/inc:/usr/local/www') in /mnt/data/programs/web/manager/fuel/app/bootstrap.php on line 4

fuel is installed

cheers
c_bb
Hi c_bb

I've just tried pulling the source myself, and can see that it's not correctly downloading all submodules. I'm not sure why, but I'll try to figure it out.

In the meantime, a fix is to execute: git submodule foreach "git reset --hard HEAD; git pull 1.3/develop"

Remember the quotes when running the command Smile