Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add shortcut in home menu how?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed advanced launcher and added dvbviewer to favorites, but I want to have a menu on the home screen that says dvbviewer and when that is pressed dvbviewer starts. Is that possible? I've tried to add a custom entry where I choose favorite as type but then under choose favorite dvbviewer is not there, it only says cannot find favorites.xml.
choose custom as type and enter "XBMC.System.Exec(C:\DVBViewer\dvbviewer.exe)" (you have to adjust the path of course)
I've installed dvbviewer in the C drive just to make it easy so the path should be C:\DVBViewer\dvbviewer.exe. I done as you described above and now there is a menu point named dvbviewer but nothing happens when I press it. What can I have missed?

Edit: ahh wrote exce insted of exec. Thanks for the help and sorry for all the threads
I'm using aeon mq3 now and there I do not have the custom option as type, I can only add favourites and it still says it can find the favourites.xml.

Do you have a solution for this too?
(2012-06-23, 23:58)Talibanhunter Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using aeon mq3 now and there I do not have the custom option as type, I can only add favourites and it still says it can find the favourites.xml.

Do you have a solution for this too?

yes. switch back to nox.
But the other skin have some nice features that nox doesn't have. Guss this is the wrong place to ask.
(2012-06-24, 00:36)Talibanhunter Wrote: [ -> ]But the other skin have some nice features that nox doesn't have. Guss this is the wrong place to ask.

correct. they have their own subforum (you already posted there..)