Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Night 2; Disable animations, backgrounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Night would be my perfect skin if:
  • No items had background images
  • All menus were horizontal, aligned at the bottom of the screen
  • The "recently added" list had about 100 items in it and showed an icon next to "watched"
  • There were NO animations at all between screens; things would just appear without fades or zooms
  • I had some way of defaulting ALL screens to "list" with an image preview and description on the right

I can see that I can black out a bunch of images in the ~/media/backdrops, ~/media/backgrounds and ~/backgrounds folders.

I nosed through ~/720p/custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml but couldn't see how to disable animations or to extend the number of recent items.

I've not done skin work before, so there's a LOT to read through (starting with http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Skinning) so any pointers to how I can FIX the skin so that it works the way I want?
To have 100 items in the recently added items you'll need to add content in Includes.xml

In Includes.xml, go to the section (line 323) "<include name="recent_tv_section">" : and add 90 new entry on top of the 10 already there : i.e. for item 11:

Code:
<item id="11">
            <label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.11.EpisodeTitle)]</label>
            <label2>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.11.ShowTitle)] - $INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.11.EpisodeNo)]</label2>
            <onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.11.Path)])</onclick>
            <thumb>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.11.Fanart)]</thumb>
            <icon>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.11.Thumb)]</icon>
        </item>

Though, you'll have to check if you can go as high as 100 items. If XBMc can't go higher than 10 items, look and this script : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122448

and put this line in Home.xml, just after the randomitems script (for Movies for example):

Code:
<onload>XBMC.RunScript(script.RandomAndLastItems,type=Movie,limit=100,..)
You'll need to look at the script options, I don't know them and I'm not sure it supports 100 as a limit.

Alternatively, you could create a custom script by modifying the random and lastitems script so that it can go as high as 100. I know nothing of python, so I can't help you there.

For Animations: You could try deleting the Includes_Animations.xml. Most animations are there. For the remaining animations, look into the files and comment out the lines that has "animation..." in it.

For Background, create a 1280x720 black jpg or png file and select it as your custom background in skin setting inside XBMC.

Good luck!
I would not recommend deleting the includes_animations.xml - you WILL break a lot of the skin.
(2012-07-18, 19:18)stoli Wrote: [ -> ]I would not recommend deleting the includes_animations.xml - you WILL break a lot of the skin.

Define "break" - you mean turn off the hyper annoying fades and zooms?
(2012-07-18, 19:18)stoli Wrote: [ -> ]you WILL break a lot of the skin.

I think that's what he wants! Smile

(2012-07-19, 01:15)frumbert Wrote: [ -> ]Define "break" - you mean turn off the hyper annoying fades and zooms?

I tried (renamed Includes_Animations.xml) and the skin worked. Some of the animations were removed. You'll need to dig further to remove them all. Look into Home.xml, Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml, DialogVideoInfo.xml, etc...

¿how to remove all animations and transparencies?
those animations they did to confluence, clog the entire interface.
the program is very good, but with such modifications makes you want to quit.