Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

thanks for the reply, I tried checking the "change focus delay" to 10 sec and tried the option "check focus only once" on and off but still the same issue, am i right in thinking the "change focus delay" option is the time it take before it focuses? if so does this do it every x amount of time or just once?

Thanks
Change focus delay is the time interval between sending focus command to xbmc window. It will repeat every 10 seconds in your case, provided you have disabled the send focus only once option. Try an interval of one second.
keyboard becomes unresponsive when i changed "S" to alt+f4 in keyboard.xml. weird

<pageup>PageUp</pageup>
<pagedown>PageDown</pagedown>
<return>Select</return>
<enter>Select</enter>
<backspace>Back</backspace>
<key id='65446'>Back</key>
<m>ActivateWindow(PlayerControls)</m>
<s>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</s> <------------- keyboard stops working when i replace s to alt+f4
<escape>PreviousMenu</escape>
<i>Info</i>
<menu>ContextMenu</menu>
In xbmclauncher, I have added a shortcut to capture Alt+F4 and to send the keycode S to show the shutdown menu whenever Alt+F4 is pressed. In other words, both 'S' and Alt+F4 will show the shutdown menu. You can edit the xbmclauncher.ahk script file to remove this shortcut. The line to remove is

$!F4::
IfWinActive, ahk_class XBMC ; check to see if xbmc.exe is running
{
Send s
return
}
IfWinNotActive, ahk_class XBMCLauncher
Send !{F4}
return
Is there anyway I can get this to play nicely with Advanced Launcher?

If I start a game from XBMC it tries to steal focus from whatever game is starting up.
I need S to not launch the shutdown menu and just use alt+f4..is that possible? ..btw thanks for helping

$!F4::
IfWinActive, ahk_class XBMC ; check to see if xbmc.exe is running
{
Send s <------------ remove this?
return
}
IfWinNotActive, ahk_class XBMCLauncher
Send !{F4}
return
You will need to remove the entire code snippet I posted. Even then I'm not sure whether Alt+F4 will show shutdown menu. To test it without editing the code, just close the xbmclauncher.exe file and try the Alt+F4 combination.
First of all thnx 4 the amazing feature you provided.
This is really what windows users want to have to get the most out of there HTPC....

However, I've got a little problem that keeps me away from this great feature and that is, after installing, my HD movies all have a frame drop to 3 - 4 fps (with or without hw acceleration, Eden and Frodo builds).
When I remove xbmc launcher v2.2, everything works like a charm

I've tried to search the threads but couldn't find a similar problem and or a solution to it ... So ... does anybody know what can be the problem?

I've got this device: http://uk.msi.com/product/desktop/Wind-Box-DE500.html

Hope someone could help me so I can make use of this launcher Big Grin
That is a weird problem. Are you using xbmclauncher in shell mode? While xbmc is running, close xbmclauncher and check whether the problem still exists. Also try the setting 'Send focus only once'.
I know .. weird huh?
I've tried both xbmclauncher shell as well as the windows shell, but without any luck.

I will let you know whether or not the problem still exists when closing the launcher when xbmc is still running ... Haven't tried that before.
Will a log file be of any help?

Thanks for the fast reply
As a trouble shoot try this and post what you see:

1. Start xbmc directly and play a video
2. Start xbmc from xbmclauncher and play video
3. close xbmclauncher and play video
hey

I have removed AV and messed about with the delay setting and all sorts and nothing works. my guess is the focusing issue, its like xbmc opens up and then minimises and focus does not work as its already open but xbmc is actually minimised?

I have to click on the heading on the bottom right hand corner to maximise it again with keyboard, I have a imon remote programmed into a harmony remote.

how do i force it to display always in full screen without minimising?

Thanks
I think you are using xbmc in windowed mode. Please check xbmc settings to use full screen mode.
Hi,

Already have. I am using full screen mode.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
How about work Launcher on Windows 8Huh