Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For awhile now I have used MCE Standby Tool to get my Harmony One to put my htpc in S3 and wake it. Lately I have had issues with upon wake XBMC becoming unstable and haven't been able to get much help when it comes to that. Restarting XBMC seems to fix all of this. I downloaded XBMC Launcher but now the pwrtoggle command brings up xbmc shutdown menu insteaad of putting the computer in S3. Any ideas? All I'm really concerned with is having XBMC restart from sleep to wake in some way.
Did you select the mce remote and keyboard file options during the installation? If so please uninstall xbmclauncher and reinstall. This time select only xbmclauncher for installation.
(2012-11-04, 19:18)bwall244 Wrote: [ -> ]For awhile now I have used MCE Standby Tool to get my Harmony One to put my htpc in S3 and wake it. Lately I have had issues with upon wake XBMC becoming unstable and haven't been able to get much help when it comes to that. Restarting XBMC seems to fix all of this. I downloaded XBMC Launcher but now the pwrtoggle command brings up xbmc shutdown menu insteaad of putting the computer in S3. Any ideas? All I'm really concerned with is having XBMC restart from sleep to wake in some way.

I had the exact same problem. I solved it by creating a keyboard shortcut to the XBMC-command 'suspend' (in keyboard.xml). I then changed the pwrtoggle command of the remote to send suspend (in my case Q) instead of the shutdown menu (S).
Hi all. I just discovered this handy app. I am mainly interested in the ability to shut down XBMC when the system goes into standby. I use Adv Launcher to fire up Media Center but the Focus feature of this app keeps interfering and changing the focus. Has there evolved a way with this app to disable that feature?

THanks!
^^. There are two options - 1. Use focus only once. 2. Specify Path to the external player(Media Center) and xbmclauncher will stop focusing.
I did read thru all of the posts in this thread and think I have a handle on this. I am running XBMC in windowed mode due to focus problems, but the windows bar drives me crazy. I would like to go back to full screen and think the XBMC launcher is the way to go to maintain focus. I use my HTPC to run my home automation software that I rarely access via VNC which causes XBMC to lose focus and minimize. I have read elsewhere that there may also be windows programs that can cause a full screen program to lose focus.
I am thinking of using your launcher but will have to set it to focus frequently, not every 10sec, but at least every hour. I will have XBMC set to launch on my TV (secondary dislay), not on monitor one. This should take care of my issue, but am I missing something. Please see my specs below.
If XBMC is minimized because it has lost focus is there a way to use the official XBMC iphone remote app to refocus/maximize XBMC.
Thanks,
E
(2012-11-12, 06:15)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]^^. There are two options - 1. Use focus only once. 2. Specify Path to the external player(Media Center) and xbmclauncher will stop focusing.

THanks for that info. I must confess that after I submitted my question about this focus, I went back and read something that said you can change the Focus Delay to 0. It defaults to 10secs. After I made the change to 0. It seems to be working fine now. Is your methods above a better option than what I have setup?

Im not completely sure I see the value in the Focus feature anyway. Is there a pretty common problem with XBMC losing focus?

@EricHoya: Try it. The app is designed to keep xbmc in focus. I don't know how to focus minimized xbmc from iphone/android app.

@dysan911: In some cases xbmc can lose focus. This is very irritating when using a remote control.
Hi,

Wow just came across this, looks superb! Gona give it a go.

One thing im trying to achieve however is to create two boot options on my boot menu - both go to the same windows install/partition but one should go with shell set to the xbmc auto launch and the other boot option should go to windows 7 with explorer shell!

Is this possible to do? Ive already got a graphical boot menu set up in ubuntu (BURG).

Thanks.
Hello,

Thanks for this tool it's just amazing !

I have a problem with Logitech Setpoint, it's not start with XBMC Launcher as a shell, how can I do because the "normal" start is : C:....setpoint.exe /launchgaming ?

Thank you
(2012-11-15, 17:36)KILLERNADS Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Wow just came across this, looks superb! Gona give it a go.

One thing im trying to achieve however is to create two boot options on my boot menu - both go to the same windows install/partition but one should go with shell set to the xbmc auto launch and the other boot option should go to windows 7 with explorer shell!

Is this possible to do? Ive already got a graphical boot menu set up in ubuntu (BURG).

Thanks.

Create two user accounts and set one to xbmc shell and the other to explorer.

Another option is to create a GUI using visual studio or autohotkey with two options - XBMC and Windows 7. Set this application as shell and program it to start xbmc or windows depending on which choice you select. You could also add a time delay after which the application closes and starts xbmc or windows automatically.

(2012-11-15, 23:15)Mati24 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Thanks for this tool it's just amazing !

I have a problem with Logitech Setpoint, it's not start with XBMC Launcher as a shell, how can I do because the "normal" start is : C:....setpoint.exe /launchgaming ?

Thank you

Just edit the xbmclauncher.ahk script file and add a run command to the application at the start of the script.

run, c:\programfiles\....setpoint.exe launchgaming
Thanks Mati for trying to help out. Im going to try do it via creating two users with two different shells! But just a question, how will this be choosable from the boot menu? In my understanding doing it this way only really allows you to choose either shell when you get to the login screen to choose a User?!

Thanks
I don't know how to do this in boot menu but you can install two instances of Windows 7 (to two different partitions) and the boot loader will show two entries. Set one for xbmc.
(2012-11-16, 16:54)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how to do this in boot menu but you can install two instances of Windows 7 (to two different partitions) and the boot loader will show two entries. Set one for xbmc.

Yeah thats what i wanted to do, but i dont want to have to sync the windows separately, i just wanted to point to the same windows installation. ie. the c drive directories and softwares should be available on both instances if installed on one! If that makes sense?

Here is my idea - write a simple vb.net gui interface and add two buttons one for xbmc and the other for win7. Use this gui as shell and you can select whichever option you want. You could try this in autohotkey also.