Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This code was already in the latest setup file. May be you were using an old version.
I've just installed the latest version of the tool but still have the problem with Windows 8 x64 and the File Explorer.
Hello,
Maybe i am in the wrong place and i don't know if you could help me but because this tool is about windows xbmc enhancement..:

I search a way to link xbmc volume osd to windows master volume; so i never use xbmc independant volume, it is always at max and i use only master windows volume.

Actually, to have an OSD, i use this third party software: volume2.It works fine but it doens't support direct3D so i have to check "use full screen windows instead of real full screen" in xbmc settings.

But for some reason i would like to use "real full screen" in xbmc.

Is there a way to "link" xbmc's osd volume to windows's master volume ?

Thanks
(2012-12-19, 17:39)Rouzax Wrote: [ -> ]I've just installed the latest version of the tool but still have the problem with Windows 8 x64 and the File Explorer.

You can ask 'Arsenius' how he/she solved this.

(2012-12-19, 17:43)nonob Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
Maybe i am in the wrong place and i don't know if you could help me but because this tool is about windows xbmc enhancement..:

I search a way to link xbmc volume osd to windows master volume; so i never use xbmc independant volume, it is always at max and i use only master windows volume.

Actually, to have an OSD, i use this third party software: volume2.It works fine but it doens't support direct3D so i have to check "use full screen windows instead of real full screen" in xbmc settings.

But for some reason i would like to use "real full screen" in xbmc.

Is there a way to "link" xbmc's osd volume to windows's master volume ?

Thanks

Are you using a remote control or keyboard to control volume? If so you can use autohotkey to control system volume. Assuming in XBMC F8-mute, F90Vol up and F10 vol down the following code will capture the key presses and adjust system volume:

Code:
F9::
Send {Volume_Up}
return

F10::
Send {Volume_Down 3}
return

F8::
Send {Volume_Mute}
return

On testing there is a slight problem with F9 were xbmc will show a PVR not initialized message. You can change the remote control code to change the key.
I noticed that launching Frodo from sleep, using xbmc launcher, causes airplay to be unresponsive...exiting and starting xbmc resolves the problem..weird. anyone else experiencing this?
Some users have experienced video stuttering on resuming from sleep. You can force close xbmc when the pc sleeps and start it again on resuming.
I have force close enable. The problem occurs when frodo is turned on from sleep..I'm not sure this is a bug but exiting then starting up frodo fixes the problem.. I just hate having to always do that everytime and hope someone finds a fix.

Here's an example ..

https://www.google.com/search?q=airplay+...U9dbuR7WjM:

I have an option both for audio and video on htpc but none of it would work
The problem may be due to the network being not initialized when xbmc starts. Add a sufficient delay to start xbmc.
I added 5 sec delay and that solved the problem. Thanks so much!!
Thanks.
Quote:Are you using a remote control or keyboard to control volume?

Yes, i'm using both keyboard and remote.

Quote:If so you can use autohotkey to control system volume. Assuming in XBMC F8-mute, F90Vol up and F10 vol down the following code will capture the key presses and adjust system volume:

Code:
Send {Volume_Up}
return

Send {Volume_Down 3}
return

Send {Volume_Mute}
return

On testing there is a slight problem with F9 were xbmc will show a PVR not initialized message. You can change the remote control code to change the key.

i already can adjust system volume with both my remote and my keyboard.
By using this code, will xbmc display its volume OSD ?
but its volume will be changed too, isn't it ?
I would like xbmc volume stay at max volume but display osd when i change system volume.

Thanks
(2012-12-19, 17:39)Rouzax Wrote: [ -> ]I've just installed the latest version of the tool but still have the problem with Windows 8 x64 and the File Explorer.

I updated the setup file (V 2.2) and source code. Please redownload and it should work. I will update the amd ccc version later if the code for 64bit OS is missing.
(2012-12-24, 11:53)nonob Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Are you using a remote control or keyboard to control volume?

Yes, i'm using both keyboard and remote.

Quote:If so you can use autohotkey to control system volume. Assuming in XBMC F8-mute, F90Vol up and F10 vol down the following code will capture the key presses and adjust system volume:

Code:
Send {Volume_Up}
return

Send {Volume_Down 3}
return

Send {Volume_Mute}
return

i already can adjust system volume with both my remote and my keyboard.
By using this code, will xbmc display its volume OSD ?
but its volume will be changed too, isn't it ?
I would like xbmc volume stay at max volume but display osd when i change system volume.

Thanks

No. It won't display volume OSD. I don't think it is possible.
Quote: xbmc volume stay at max volume but display osd when i change system volume
Is there anyway to add 2 external player paths for focus disable?
^^ Edit the following snippet in the script file XBMCLauncher.ahk and compile.
Code:
DisableFocusOnExternalPlayer()
{
    SplitPath, ExternalPlayerPath, playername
    Process, exist, %playername%
    If (ErrorLevel >= 1)
        ExternalPlayerRunning = 1
    else
        ExternalPlayerRunning = 0
}

Replace with:

Code: