Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when I have finished watching something I put my windows 8 machine into suspend using the suspend option in xbmc and when I resume the following day I like it to start a scanning for new content when I bring it out of suspend so my new stuff gets scanned in

for this reason I have set the option to force xbmc to close on suspend in xbmc launcher however when I resume from suspend it has not closed xbmc and a new scan has not started

is there an option I am missing because it does not seem like xbmc launcher closes xbmc on suspend like the option in the menu of xbmc launcher suggests
^^ I checked and it works on my Windows 7 laptop. I will check it on Win8 to see if there is any problem.
Just installed the new version with my Win8 HTPC

When i close XBMC, it opens a search window and it searches for "Toggles Metro Start screen" instead of going to Metro start screen.

I use Win8 in french maybe thats why ?

Edit: i have also installed StartIsBack 2.0.2. It's a program that brings back the start button and desactivate some metro features. But i have it configured to toggle the metro start screen when pressing the windows button
Seems like a bug where the comment delimiter ';' is accidentally removed. I will update it soon. Meanwhile please download the source code and replace the line. Compile it and replace the exe file.

SendInput ^{Esc} ; Ctrl+Escape Toggles Metro Start screen
Not sure how to do that... I will wait for the updated exe
Hi do you know if there is a way to get the hybrid shutdown on windows 8 if using another skin than cofluence? Thanks
Open the DialogButtonMenu.xml file of the skin in notepad or notepad++ and replace the line <onclick>Powerdown()</onclick> with

<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(ShutdownAction.py)</onclick>
<onclick>XBMC.Quit()</onclick>

I have tested it for Aeon Nox.
thanks, i'll try that tonight !
any luck with the issue of xbmc not closing on suspend as I am still finding when resuming from suspend my scanning for new content does not get triggered usually this would start on startup as that is what I have it enabled in settings if xbmc was being closed and re-opened on resume that I should be seeing this appear
(2013-03-29, 16:54)protocol77 Wrote: [ -> ]any luck with the issue of xbmc not closing on suspend as I am still finding when resuming from suspend my scanning for new content does not get triggered usually this would start on startup as that is what I have it enabled in settings if xbmc was being closed and re-opened on resume that I should be seeing this appear

I checked in my Win8 htpc and it does close xbmc on sleep and starts xbmc when resuming from sleep. The following two options should be enabled:

Force close XBMC on suspend
Start XBMC when Windows resumes from sleep

First, check the force close option to see if it works. Then enable the second option. If it is not working then there are other ways to update your library automatically. One way is to define a shortcut in your keyboard.xml to update the library and send this shortcut to xbmc from xbmclauncher on resume form sleep or at fixed intervals. The key I'm using is ctrl+shift+8 which is mapped to the '*' button of the remote control. The keymap entry is <eight mod="ctrl,shift">UpdateLibrary(video)</eight>
(2013-03-27, 11:55)anarchoi Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed the new version with my Win8 HTPC

When i close XBMC, it opens a search window and it searches for "Toggles Metro Start screen" instead of going to Metro start screen.

I use Win8 in french maybe thats why ?

Edit: i have also installed StartIsBack 2.0.2. It's a program that brings back the start button and desactivate some metro features. But i have it configured to toggle the metro start screen when pressing the windows button

Bug fixed and re-uploaded XBMCLauncher v3.5
Hello,

I have a problem with the cascading sub menus on windows 8.

When I want to acces to a submenu, It do not appear on screen but out of the screen.

xbmc launcher thinks the screen is wider as it really is. So can't see any sub menu.

Could you add an option to replace cascading menu by a non cascading ?

thanks

w2w
^^ Press Win+f10 and the menu will appear at the current mouse position.
any chance to control imon display with xmbc as shell?

I would like only turn off the mini display during movie playback Smile
^^ I think imon works in shell mode. It is the XBMConImon app that is not working in shell mode.