Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Love this app and it's been working great for me. Thanks to everyone involved!

Quick question: I want to automatically restart XBMC each night because I get stuttering issues after a few days of uptime (I know, this is a cheap workaround). I'm familiar with scheduled tasks and stuff like that. Does XBMCLauncher have a command line option to start XBMC, or does it always need win-alt-enter? Obviously I can start XBMC.exe directly from the command line, but I want to start it through XBMCLauncher so that it uses the focus functionality to keep XBMC on top. Any help appreciated! Thanks again.
^^ XBMCLauncher will keep the focus irrespective of how you start XBMC.

To restart xbmc, just call the RestartXBMC.exe file in the xbmclauncher installation folder. It will close xbmc if running and restart it.
(2013-04-19, 09:52)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]The shell is defined under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon. Check if the shell is set to C:\Program Files\XBMCLauncher\XBMCLauncher.exe.

Yes, it is..but after reboot it is set to explorer.exe again
(2013-04-19, 14:54)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]^^ XBMCLauncher will keep the focus irrespective of how you start XBMC.

To restart xbmc, just call the RestartXBMC.exe file in the xbmclauncher installation folder. It will close xbmc if running and restart it.

Thank you so much!! That should make this easy!
Quote:Probably your password is incorrect? I will test this in my system and provide you the solution if it works.
I don't have any password...
I could not find a solution. My PC has only one user and it has administrator privilege. The RunAs command works when I use this username, but throws error when 'Administrator' is used.
My PC also has only one user with administrator privileges...
Martijn you got a sec?
(2013-04-19, 14:54)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]^^ XBMCLauncher will keep the focus irrespective of how you start XBMC.

Hmmmm, RestartXBMC.exe seems to close XBMC as expected, but it does not start it again. Any help? I'm running XBMC 12.1 on Windows Server 2012. Thanks.

PS: For now I have created two scheduled tasks. The first calls RestartXBMC to close out XBMC at 4:00am. The second calls the standard XBMC.exe executable at 4:02am. I'd imagine this will work fine, but I'd prefer to use a single task for this and now I'm curious why RestartXBMC isn't working.
^^ I found the bug, I will upload a new version soon. Meanwhile you can create an ahk script to close and start xbmc.

Code:
Process, Exist, xbmc.exe ; check to see if xbmc.exe is running
If (ErrorLevel > 0) ; If it is running
    WinClose, ahk_class XBMC ; close xbmc
Loop
{
    sleep, 1000 ; wait one second
    Process, Exist, xbmc.exe ; check to see if xbmc.exe is running
    If (ErrorLevel = 0) ; not running
    {
        run, c:\program files\xbmc\xbmc.exe
        return
    }
}
Awesome, thanks. I'll try this out tonight.
(2013-04-20, 15:22)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]I could not find a solution. My PC has only one user and it has administrator privilege. The RunAs command works when I use this username, but throws error when 'Administrator' is used.

any update?
^^ Sorry, I'm helpless. Try with your username instead of administrator.
I am running XBMC 12.1 and XBMC Launcher 3.5 all running on from an ssd. I am running windows 8 x64.
I am using XBMC Launcher as a shell and am happy with it, it boots fast, but i have some issue.

I can't get the xbmc shutdown on sleep / restart on wake to work. And as a result xbmc often freezes on wake up.

Another thing, when i use the start windows explorer on close, it launches the metro interface. Is it not possible to launch the desktop interface directly?
Hello, I have a black screen during 40 sec between login and SBMC starting. My startup delay is on 1. Have you an idea ? Thanks