Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The problem come from the network, Windows 8 take a long time to initialize the network, <i have the same problem on an other computer. it's seems that the problem come from W8
(2013-05-02, 07:50)Lasborg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-30, 14:22)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-30, 08:08)Lasborg Wrote: [ -> ]I am running XBMC 12.1 and XBMC Launcher 3.5 all running on from an ssd. I am running windows 8 x64.
I am using XBMC Launcher as a shell and am happy with it, it boots fast, but i have some issue.

I can't get the xbmc shutdown on sleep / restart on wake to work. And as a result xbmc often freezes on wake up.

Another thing, when i use the start windows explorer on close, it launches the metro interface. Is it not possible to launch the desktop interface directly?

You should enable the options 'Force close xbmc on sleep' and 'Start xbmc when resuming from sleep'.

'Start Explorer' works when you use xbmclauncher as shell, so that you can view the desktop instead of a blank screen after exiting xbmc. 'Start Metro UI' is mainly intended to use with Explorer shell. When you close xbmc, you are taken back to the start screen. Metro UI cannot be avoided in Windows 8. When you start Explorer in Win8, it starts metro ui also. The script may be edited to show desktop but even then you will see the metro screen for a few seconds.

I have enabled both "Force close xbmc on sleep" and "Start xbmc when resuming from sleep". But it does not have any impact.

thanks for the info on "Start Explorer" It would be nice to have an option to choose Desktop on windows 8, even if it means that it will go to metro foe a short time.

i have the same problem, even in 4.0. Running windows 8 x64 too.
^^ It may be a problem with 64 bit Win8 and autohotkey. I have tested it only in 32 bit OS. Please run the following code in a autohotkey script:

Code:
#Persistent

OnMessage(0x218, "WM_POWERBROADCAST")

WM_POWERBROADCAST(wParam, lParam)

{

If (wParam=4) ;suspend
        FileAppend, Suspending`n, d:\log.txt

If (wParam=7) ;on resuming from suspend state
        FileAppend, Resuming, d:\log.txt

}

Install autohotkey, right click desktop or any location > New > Autohotkey script file. Right click the file > Edit Script to open the file in notepad and paste the above code. Save and run it. Set the system to sleep and on resuming the script will create a txt file d:\log.txt. If this file contains the lines suspending and resuming then the script worked. If not there is some problem with the script.
I have an issue with Win 8 64bit... It boots into the metro interface and stays there. If I click on the desktop button xbmc has launched fine... I have tried different focus delays but can't get it to work.
(2013-05-12, 11:06)FoxTC Wrote: [ -> ]I have an issue with Win 8 64bit... It boots into the metro interface and stays there. If I click on the desktop button xbmc has launched fine... I have tried different focus delays but can't get it to work.

Another same problem here (Win 8 64Bit with StartisBack) Windows booting, XBMC starts, but minimized in the system tray. When i click on the desktop etc. die focus picks up XBMC and open it. The old 3.X XBMCLauncher Version works better for me.
I've uninstalled, I used this tool on win7 and it worked perfect, since I installed windows 8 I can't use it unless I have always focus set which is not an option for me. I will try it again once solid win8 version is available. I must say though that this is an excellent tool and the work on it is so appreciated.
(2013-05-12, 11:06)FoxTC Wrote: [ -> ]I have an issue with Win 8 64bit... It boots into the metro interface and stays there. If I click on the desktop button xbmc has launched fine... I have tried different focus delays but can't get it to work.

(2013-05-12, 11:17)frozenice Wrote: [ -> ]

Another same problem here (Win 8 64Bit with StartisBack) Windows booting, XBMC starts, but minimized in the system tray. When i click on the desktop etc. die focus picks up XBMC and open it. The old 3.X XBMCLauncher Version works better for me.

(2013-05-12, 12:20)FoxTC Wrote: [ -> ]I've uninstalled, I used this tool on win7 and it worked perfect, since I installed windows 8 I can't use it unless I have always focus set which is not an option for me. I will try it again once solid win8 version is available. I must say though that this is an excellent tool and the work on it is so appreciated.

I will recheck the script for the bug.
@FoxTC: I checked in my Win8 32 bit OS and xbmc starts as is intended. The following settings should be enabled for this to work.

Set XBMCLauncher as shell. If shell is not set to xbmclauncher, xbmc is not loaded until you click the desktop in metro start.
Set the option to start XBMC at winlogon
Set the option to start metro UI when xbmc is closed.
(2013-05-12, 09:06)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]^^ It may be a problem with 64 bit Win8 and autohotkey. I have tested it only in 32 bit OS. Please run the following code in a autohotkey script:

Code:
#Persistent

{

If (wParam=4) ;suspend

}

Install autohotkey, right click desktop or any location > New > Autohotkey script file. Right click the file > Edit Script to open the file in notepad and paste the above code. Save and run it. Set the system to sleep and on resuming the script will create a txt file d:\log.txt. If this file contains the lines suspending and resuming then the script worked. If not there is some problem with the script.

i just tried the script and both suspending and resuming show up. it seems to be that the only problem is xbmc is not force closing before suspending, as when i quit xbmc, then suspend and resume, xbmc does restart.
(2013-05-12, 15:28)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]@FoxTC: I checked in my Win8 32 bit OS and xbmc starts as is intended. The following settings should be enabled for this to work.

Set XBMCLauncher as shell. If shell is not set to xbmclauncher, xbmc is not loaded until you click the desktop in metro start.

This sounds good, I will reinstall it tonight and try these settings, thanks. What options on the installer would you recommend?
(2013-05-12, 17:21)houlty Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-12, 09:06)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]^^ It may be a problem with 64 bit Win8 and autohotkey. I have tested it only in 32 bit OS. Please run the following code in a autohotkey script:

Code:
#Persistent

{

If (wParam=4) ;suspend

}

i just tried the script and both suspending and resuming show up. it seems to be that the only problem is xbmc is not force closing before suspending, as when i quit xbmc, then suspend and resume, xbmc does restart.

Seems like XBMC is not force closed before suspending.

Modify the above script as follows and see if it works.

Code:

{
    If (wParam=4) ;suspend
    {
        Process, Exist, xbmc.exe ; check to see if xbmc.exe is running
            If (ErrorLevel > 0) ; If it is running
            {
                Process, Close, %ErrorLevel%  
                Process, WaitClose, %ErrorLevel%
                sleep 1000
            }
    }    

Run,C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe

}

(2013-05-12, 18:59)FoxTC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-12, 15:28)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]@FoxTC: I checked in my Win8 32 bit OS and xbmc starts as is intended. The following settings should be enabled for this to work.

This sounds good, I will reinstall it tonight and try these settings, thanks. What options on the installer would you recommend?

Install with the option to set xbmclauncher as shell. Then set the other options in the gui or context menu.
ok, tried the new script, didn't work. then i started it using "run as adminstrator" and bam it works.

so now i have gone into the xbmclauncher program folder and set xbmclauncher.exe to "run this program as an administrator" under the compatibility tab (in file properties) and it now works.

thanks for the help.
Followed your suggestion about setting xbmclauncher as shell and it boots straight into xbmc on Win 8 64bit in less than 10 seconds from off... Which is ace.
(2013-05-13, 20:10)houlty Wrote: [ -> ]ok, tried the new script, didn't work. then i started it using "run as adminstrator" and bam it works.

so now i have gone into the xbmclauncher program folder and set xbmclauncher.exe to "run this program as an administrator" under the compatibility tab (in file properties) and it now works.

thanks for the help.

ok, the above is wrong. if i set xbmclauncher to run as administrator, it doesn't run at startup and just boots to desktop. therefore, current workaround is to compile your ahk script, set that to run as administrator and add it to the external application list when xbmclauncher starts.
I have read the 1st post and still not sure: can XBMCLauncher start XBMC with an arbitrary key combo (not just Win+Alt+Enter)?